Wood ID Referance

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright you wood guru's, what is this?

weberwood001.jpg

weberwood003.jpg

weberwood002.jpg

weberwood005.jpg

terrible leaf pic, but that is what is left. Leaves are just tan colored, color in pic is from camera flash.

Cjones to the rescue again, thanks.

I might take some of it for the spring and fall.

Im not sure if its worth your time for burning ive heard not so good and burns fast but ive never tried it so you might get on the fire wood forum and ask them guys how it burns! Where abouts in ks roughly do you live?

After it dries out that Maple makes good camp-fire wood.
Makes a fire that is almost white and it smokes very little.

David

Another

Got a load of this stuff, initial thought was American Elm now I am not so certain. Any ideas, it is light and splits pretty easy.

2011-05-10202028.jpg

2011-05-10201944.jpg

2011-05-10202038.jpg

It threw me for a loop with the wide rings and how light it actually was. Guess ill put in the 11-12 burn pile.

What do I have?

I have been searching all of the reference pictures and I could not come to a definitive conclusion on what I came across. My town (Northern IL) has seen some pretty impressive storms lately and so we have an abundance of wood available. I found two distinct types and need help identifying them. I appreciate your expertise!

First
Wood004.jpg

Second
Wood003.jpg

Mixed together
Wood005.jpg

THANKS!

I have been searching all of the reference pictures and I could not come to a definitive conclusion on what I came across. My town (Northern IL) has seen some pretty impressive storms lately and so we have an abundance of wood available. I found two distinct types and need help identifying them. I appreciate your expertise!

First
Wood004.jpg

Second
Wood003.jpg

Mixed together
Wood005.jpg

THANKS!
Hickory!

Any idea what this is? Leaf looks like ash, but only has six leaves on each stem. Cleaning up some blowdowns and was just cut last night. Smells really good as I'm cutting it.

IMG00344-20110722-1145.jpg

IMG00343-20110722-1144.jpg

The wood fairy showed up last night, which is always a good thing. (A tree service that drops wood off periodically):blob2:

I know it is not a great pic, but any ideas on the type of wood?
Thanks
Jay

attachment.php

View attachment 194459

Latest posts

Back