Wood ID Referance

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like some sort of pine...

225722d1330031124-big-wood-jpg

But since all I can do with that is speculate, I'll fix the photo for ya...

Its pretty easy to cUt and it splits pretty good...but its like -10 degrees C today....not sure if that helps with the I'd.

Hard to see what you thinking?

I can honestly say I got nothin' around here that looks like that stuff...
I know we have no Pine species here... Those rounds seem too perfect for cottonwood...
Some form of a pine is my guess...
I may be wrong... You got anything there that looks like that?
:msp_confused:

wot is it?

Hi we got this wood in whit a lot of mixed heard wood. IT may be Maple whot do you think?

Well if it is a Maple type it may be Sycamore looking at the way it twisted splitting! Also what comes to mind is gum then I see some oak in there too!

I was thinking possibly Sycamore on pics 1,2, and 4 also... It's the only wood I've ever split that was that twisted and light color... A bark shot could rule out Elm easy enough...

I was thinking possibly Sycamore on pics 1,2, and 4 also... It's the only wood I've ever split that was that twisted and light color... A bark shot could rule out Elm easy enough...

I've split elm before that was really white just like that. It's been a long time though, and I'm not good at picking out the different elms. Hardly ever see it up in the hills.

Latest posts

Back