Wood Id

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flint Mitch

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Any idea what this is? Just removed it from a local elderly gentleman who is unable to do it himself let alone pay someone. I'll take any free woouploadfromtaptalk1469741148973.jpguploadfromtaptalk1469741187589.jpguploadfromtaptalk1469741197471.jpgd:)

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

That's kinda what I thought. Also I'm very new to all of this!!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

"Your honor, this man has accused a Silver Maple of being the noxious weed known as Elm. We want him punished."
"Yes, a clear case of defamation of character. Bailiff, lock him up and throw away the key!"

Sugar maple, soft maple... even elm... all burns fine in the house, too. You never see a big forum war over which is better, using a match or a Bic lighter to start a fire in the stove. They don't have exactly the same BTU output, chemical composition of the smoke, or smell... but nobody squabbles day after day about one or the other of them being not "good enough" to light a stove with. When I'm standing in the living room in my skivvies around the middle of January, I honestly can't tell what kind of wood is burning in there. I'm either freezing my nuts off because the fire went out, or they're getting sweaty cuz I'm standing too close to it. But I've never heard the stove start screaming, "Oh, you heretic! You put SOFT maple in me! I wanted HARD maple, you bastard!" or anything like that.

Just sayin'. ;)

Latest posts

Back