Wood pile and other pics, size comments?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iCreek

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I am trying some different picture crop sizes, and wanted to see if I could get some comments here before using the 540x200 pixel size in some other posts. I am using Adobe Photoshop and resizing the pictures out of my digital camera, and then cropping them to a widescreen format. I want to see if others can see these images within my forum post, without having to scroll left to right, like you see on some larger image postings. These images are very small in size also, most are less than 50Kb for those on dialup. Welcome any comments as to how they fit for others viewing this thread. Below are eight seperate images for examples.

pile_feb15_540x200.jpg

woodstove_5_540x200.jpg

cat_520x200.jpg

tree_view_540x200.jpg

morning_540x200.jpg

house_2_540x200.jpg

house_1_540x200.jpg

front_yard_540x200.jpg

Last edited:
iCREEK BEAUTIFUL SPREAD NCE EQUIPMENT YOU EVER NEED WOOD AND HAVE AWAY PICKING IT UP I WILL GIVE YOU ALL YOU CN HANDEL:cheers:

Great pics, but make 'em bigger!!! 800x600 generally works well enough and requires no scrolling on monitors running at modern resolutions; 800x600 pictures even work scrolling-free on my laptops (running 1024-768) or my work desktop (also 1024-768). On my home desktop, with the wide screen and mad resolution, bigger would be better still.

I think that the concern for the dialup user is a bit overdone. Honestly how many people still have dialup for want of any other more modern option being available to them? Probably very few indeed. For those who choose to be dialup only, hey, life is full of choices. Personally, I pay for hi-speed and a big monitor so I can enjoy large, vibrant pictures of stuff like what is posted here. I get tremendous joy from seeing the beautiful pictures that others have taken in their high-resolution, large size format.

640x480

Here is a shot (640x480) 37 Kb from lastnight, and yes that is the moon...

I changed my avatar to it also (100x80).

Thanks for all the other comments.

night_stove_640.jpg

Great pics, but make 'em bigger!!! 800x600 generally works well enough and requires no scrolling on monitors running at modern resolutions; 800x600 pictures even work scrolling-free on my laptops (running 1024-768) or my work desktop (also 1024-768). On my home desktop, with the wide screen and mad resolution, bigger would be better still.

Latest posts

Back