'Wooding' truck died

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Things like this have a way of snowballing. Truck gets no attention for years & runs every day. Then one problem leads to a shop visit, and it's one thing after another before you get it back to what it seemed like it was before. Put a F250 in a shop a week ago for a 'simple' MVI - it might get home today. Brakes here, brakes there, wait for parts, tie rod things, cracked manifold, ooops sorry, the other one's cracked too, wait for parts. Uggghhh, this bill is going to be baaaaddd.

Things like this have a way of snowballing. Truck gets no attention for years & runs every day. Then one problem leads to a shop visit, and it's one thing after another before you get it back to what it seemed like it was before. Put a F250 in a shop a week ago for a 'simple' MVI - it might get home today. Brakes here, brakes there, wait for parts, tie rod things, cracked manifold, ooops sorry, the other one's cracked too, wait for parts. Uggghhh, this bill is going to be baaaaddd.

Yep, over the past two years it has been a total exhaust pipe system, new tires, replaced two fuel pumps (who woulda guessed that the F150 has THREE fuel pumps, one for each tank plus a central one pushing it into the system. New (used) tailgate, the original had so many rounds bounced off it was so 'dished' it wouldn't close any more. Usual routing lube/oil, tunups, etc. Truck for sure doesn't owe me anything. 180,000 with the last 40 or 50 thousand in nothing but 'wooding', much of it over rough country. Started as a cherry, right out of the paint shop. Now it looks like a reject that ran through the last twoworld wars.

Truck is back home. Shop tested it for 2 days off and on and it started every time. He is sure it is that rod. I asked him to give it a shot of lube. He didn't charge at least. I used it today to take down a friends tree, multiple starts and zero failures.

In return for the truck being back in working condition (cross fingers). My MS361 failed. Idt has been reluctant to start for the last week or two, today no start at all. 60 round trip to drop it off at the dealers. Hopefull get it back tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back