Woodland pro pistons

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At least they have Bailey's standing behind them?

I prefer Meteor then golf, but the "china pistons" I've used aren't all that bad. Thay are a last resort.

:popcorn:
I love the meteor pistons. The Episan would be my next choice. I've used some Golf pistons, but honestly had some quality issues (though not on all of them). That is not to say I would not use them again.

Are the "china pistons" supplied by a number of people from one source, or from a number of sources from all kinds of people? (believe me I'm not trying to wax philosophical...just wondering if all the "china" stuff comes from the same factory/source).

:popcorn:
I love the meteor pistons. The Episan would be my next choice. I've used some Golf pistons, but honestly had some quality issues (though not on all of them). That is not to say I would not use them again.

Are the "china pistons" supplied by a number of people from one source, or from a number of sources from all kinds of people? (believe me I'm not trying to wax philosophical...just wondering if all the "china" stuff comes from the same factory/source).

I'm gonna look like dumba$$, but not sure why I even put golf. I've never even used a golf. I meant to put Episan.:bang:

Howdy,
Call it what you will. I've been there more than a few times in the last 35 years, and there's a more than a small difference between the two.
The Taiwanese would love to be a Capitalist Democracy and get away from under China but, they're not big enough, nor is the rest of the world supporting it.
It would be like Puerto Rico having 100's of billions of dollars in manufacturing output, and wanting to turn Communist.

Regards
Gregg

Taiwan PRC (Peoples Republic of China)
regardless the Chinese can build better things than most countries and have the capacity to do it, its all boils down to what there markets are requesting.

Very true hamish...they can (as well as India and others) build exactly what the "round eyes" ask for...but one other thing...I think the reality is, our guys are not asking for what they actually need exactly made, because our guys asking are NOT the same guys using. When I was little Jap Junk was exactly that.......20yrs later the Japanese are building world class everything. China will be exactly the same if they are not already!! You have to ask for exactly what you want if you intend to get it!!

Very true hamish...they can (as well as India and others) build exactly what the "round eyes" ask for...but one other thing...I think the reality is, our guys are not asking for what they actually need exactly made, because our guys asking are NOT the same guys using. When I was little Jap Junk was exactly that.......20yrs later the Japanese are building world class everything. China will be exactly the same if they are not already!! You have to ask for exactly what you want if you intend to get it!!

And be prepared to pay a little more for better quality.

Howdy,
Call it what you will. I've been there more than a few times in the last 35 years, and there's a more than a small difference between the two.
The Taiwanese would love to be a Capitalist Democracy and get away from under China but, they're not big enough, nor is the rest of the world supporting it.
It would be like Puerto Rico having 100's of billions of dollars in manufacturing output, and wanting to turn Communist.

Regards
Gregg

Taiwan quality level is higher than China in many respects where machining is concerned. I'm from generations of hardcore American workers. Still, I won't deny the level of quality in manufacturing in both mainline China and Taiwan has vastly improved in just the last few years.

I'm using Meteor sets in my saws when we employ aftermarket parts. The Italians are good machinists. And the women....

I believe Taiwan has been making chainsaw parts for 35 years or so. I also think they are a bit better quality than chinese. In saying that I have used a few chinese cylinder and piston assy's.
In some cases the quality of the ports has been better than oem.
When i use them, i use a genuine or high quality aftermarket set of rings and then you should be fine.

Except chainsaws...:msp_wink:

Maybe it's too late to throw this question out but, are there any American made aftermarket piston/cylinder makers. If there are I'm sure not aware of it. Perhaps someone from Arborist site would launch their own aftermarket parts company - that would be an avenue many of us could buy from...just thinking.

Maybe it's too late to throw this question out but, are there any American made aftermarket piston/cylinder makers. If there are I'm sure not aware of it. Perhaps someone from Arborist site would launch their own aftermarket parts company - that would be an avenue many of us could buy from...just thinking.

Yeah and how about USA mufflers that already line up with the gaskets and flow instead of gag. All this backpressure is making me squint.

Back