Woodmaster Door blower seized up twice

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tealducks

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello All.. I have have a woodmaster 4400 installed and used all last year. I bought it used and it works great... The issue I have is that I had to replace the blower motor on the door once already this year. The new one is seized up now too... The bottom of the door where the air goes into the chamber is corroded pretty bad... From what I can see, there is condensation from the smoke collecting on the fins of the squirrel cage of the blower... I saw this a day after I installed the new blower motor... Is there anyway to prevent this??? I plan calling woodmaster, but dont know if they are open with the holidays this week... Any suggestions????????? Your help is appreciated!!!!! Love the stove!!!!!!

Hello, I have owned a 4400 for now the 6th season but you lost me (easy to do) in describing your corrosion problem. My blower motor is original and I have no corrosion problems that I m aware of. I had the cover off the door this fall to give the motor shaft its annual drops of oil and looked things over pretty good. Other have reported changing out bad blower motors after a few seasons, maybe you got a bad one? Sorry for not much help:(

Sorry,, I meant the backside of the door is corroded. There are pieces of metal that have broke off and the slot that air blows through is larger now.... The rubber flapper on top of the blower is working fine... is there suppose to be a flap or something where the blower mounts to the door to keep condesation out of the fan outlet???? (Where the blower mounts to the door?) I bought the stove used so it isn't new... There are pieces of creasote that accumulate INSIDE the door below the air slot....Hope this clears it up a little.

wood master

do not even bother calling wood master. they will not do a thing with your fan since it has creosote on it. been there done that, matter as fact we just installed a new fan two days ago. i am thinking of making some type of flap on the end of the blower.

Blast gate

I do not have a woodmaster, I have a shaver clone(acme) but have found that on very windy days, I get smoke, and creosote backfeeding into my blower when the fan is idle. The heat from the fire box blows the fan motor, or the creosote clogs the fan vanes, making it worthless. To cure this, I made a blast gate hooked to a solinoid, that drops a plate between the blower, and the pipe feeding air to the firebox. I live in a very windy area and have my boiler in a old corn crib, so drafting is a problem. I used some electrical boxes and a face plate to make the blast gate. So far I have not blown a motor this year. I do clean off the creosote from inside of the plate once a week to keep it from gumming up. Hope this helps.

make sure the rubber seal on top of the blower is in good shape. if you get a good strong wind, it will blow smoke back out of the blower when it is off if the flap is leaking. i just replaced my blower, but turns out the old one just lost a few rivets, so it is repaired and on the shelf. as for the back of your door, that needs fixed in some way. the slot for the air inlet should be pretty small and only at the very bottom. if the slot has corroded up the inner door some, you will get a low pressure affect when the blower is running that will pull heavy smoke up into the door. then, when the blower kicks off, it condenses on everything, blower included.

hope this helps

p.s. check out altheatsupply.com its the cheapest place i have found to get replacement parts

Latest posts

Back