Woods brand 27ton log splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First, you got a good deal on what looks like a well designed splitter that should work for a long time. I saw one at my local tractor dealer, the 22t, for $999. It looks a lot like my older speeco but a little heavier around the foot and cylinder mount. If I was in the market to replace my splitter the Woods would certainly be a contender.

Not to diminish the splitter but Woods is now just a name under Blount industries. I highly doubt that it is made in the USA, maybe assembled in the USA or not even. If you read closely it says the beam is manufactured in the US. Those Kohler Honda clones are surely straight off a slow boat. And no other parts claim any affiliation with the US. My guess would be that Blount may just send container loads of beams overseas and receives container loads of crated finished splitters.

Again this is not to pee in your Cheerios, more a comment on how things are marketed. I just bought a Kitchenaid mixer and on the box it says in huge letters “a proud American brand since 1919” on the bottom of the box it says made in China. I’m not trying to Demonize or excuse corporations moving manufacturing overseas but I do get angry about being lied to or at least misled about the origins of a product.

First, you got a good deal on what looks like a well designed splitter that should work for a long time. I saw one at my local tractor dealer, the 22t, for $999. It looks a lot like my older speeco but a little heavier around the foot and cylinder mount. If I was in the market to replace my splitter the Woods would certainly be a contender.

Not to diminish the splitter but Woods is now just a name under Blount industries. I highly doubt that it is made in the USA, maybe assembled in the USA or not even. If you read closely it says the beam is manufactured in the US. Those Kohler Honda clones are surely straight off a slow boat. And no other parts claim any affiliation with the US. My guess would be that Blount may just send container loads of beams overseas and receives container loads of crated finished splitters.

Again this is not to pee in your Cheerios, more a comment on how things are marketed. I just bought a Kitchenaid mixer and on the box it says in huge letters “a proud American brand since 1919” on the bottom of the box it says made in China. I’m not trying to Demonize or excuse corporations moving manufacturing overseas but I do get angry about being lied to or at least misled about the origins of a product.
i agree. looks just like my 25 T TSC splitter. yes. beam made in USA. i looked at the woods splitter at my tractor dealer last year when the first came out. they were asking $1299 for that splitter. Split away @Richard_ :rock2:

I didn't fall into the made in the USA part , of course it's assembled in the USA , I'm aware Blount is the parent company of Woods as well as SpeeCo , and I originally was looking at spending $1800.00 for a SpeeCo when I came across th Woods brand , nice thing is the place I bought it from is also the service center , I wouldn't have any service support locally if I bought the SpeeCo

Very nice!

Is the patent up on this design? Cause most every splitter is made exactly the same way. Same beam design, same configuration and same parts no mater what it's branded under. DHT, Husky, Countyline, Northstar, Yardmax, Champion, Titan, Powermate, just to name a few are all exactly alike.

I just purchased a new splitter , for under $1000.00 I don't think you can go wrong , made by the same company that owns SpeeCo
I have the same Woods HLS27, and am having trouble finding the correct hydraulic filter for changing the oil. There is no manufacturer's name on the outside of the filter, and the user manual states part #578459 which does not reference any major filter manufacturer's number. The manual also states that the filter includes an inner bypass. Anyone know of a replacement filter?

I have the same Woods HLS27, and am having trouble finding the correct hydraulic filter for changing the oil. There is no manufacturer's name on the outside of the filter, and the user manual states part #578459 which does not reference any major filter manufacturer's number. The manual also states that the filter includes an inner bypass. Anyone know of a replacement filter?
It looks like Oregon makes that filter. “Oregon Power Equipment 578459 FILTER, 25 GPM W/BYPASS”. The manual states 25 GPM with bypass, so it should work.

Latest posts

Back