woods port saw video thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, its a gas race saw.

Here's a 346 of mine that gets acussed of being a cant saw by internet wonders. Its not. Don't piss rev like a mofo but easily out cuts a mofo with little effort. Andrew and Jason are good people. Good job Andrew!

I've got a hunch that if you put one of your amazing chains on a mofo, it wouldn't be half bad. Of course everyone knows the 346 is a much better platform for a race saw than an 026/260...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd put you on ignore Squarefile/Shawn, but I find your mental pathology fascinating. Maybe your mother never loved you, or maybe you ate too many paint chips as a child. I'm getting a handle on it as you continue to self deprecate. I postulate it's Napoleonic in origin.

You are number one in one thing for sure, making enemies online.

Dan, thanks for pointing that out, but it's not really important to me that my saws are the fastest. I'm more about balance in a saw. Plus, if I hit the ground or a rock while cutting, only 10 minutes of work is down the drain, not many hours. Ever see me race at one of our GTG's Dan? You haven't, cause it's not my thing.

My saws have rounder ports that aren't taken to the limit. I wanna build the saw you grab first when you need one, not necessarily the fastest.

Not sure SF ports his own saws, but that don't matter. They do run well. And as I stated many times, a 346 is a tough platform to beat. It's just faster by design. I'd rather have an 026 in the woods with me though, anyday.

e5c5b4c861c0f578cf054fa994d3d0dc.jpg

My husky 14 inch concrete/ disaster saw does the same thing ,i think the sideways balance is off on the brand in general ,the wrap saws like 372 xpw seem to ride ok though .

No, its a gas race saw.

Here's a 346 of mine that gets acussed of being a cant saw by internet wonders. Its not. Don't piss rev like a mofo but easily out cuts a mofo with little effort. Andrew and Jason are good people. Good job Andrew!

That little saw sounds pretty happy .

I've shot maybe 1200 rounds through it without a jam so I trust this one. Several things can cause a jam with the small guns. One is it's more acceptable to limp wristing. There was something with the slide lock on some models that needed to be watched. I polish all my feed ramps on all my autos. It helped on a lcp that had trouble cycling critical defense. Winchester ranger T's is normally what I have.
5195ee61e46ee3cd2ab222cb5554bbc7.png

No, its a gas race saw.

That saw is a freak. I finally peaked under the hood and it is in fact not 2 piece. Hard to believe really.
I often wonder what the hang up is on highest RPM out of the wood. If I can out cut a saw (same cc & b/c)that turns 17k out of the wood with a saw that turns 14k, what did you win?
And for the record, I'll never post saw video's of rotten, falling apart wood. This is the same log as my cant.
These are work saws. Square chain cuttin' square cookies ;)

EC346 is just a kunt hair behind my DD357, same b/c.

Back