woods port saw video thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That saw is a freak. I finally peaked under the hood and it is in fact not 2 piece. Hard to believe really.
I often wonder what the hang up is on highest RPM out of the wood. If I can out cut a saw (same cc & b/c)that turns 17k out of the wood with a saw that turns 14k, what did you win?
And for the record, I'll never post saw video's of rotten, falling apart wood. This is the same log as my cant.
These are work saws. Square chain cuttin' square cookies ;)

EC346 is just a kunt hair behind my DD357, same b/c.

Wa wut? You should hang out on the groupie site and hang onto every word and video posted. Docs are so good they'll give a diagnosis threw a keyboard.

Piss rev, punky wood mafia!:laugh:

That saw is a freak. I finally peaked under the hood and it is in fact not 2 piece. Hard to believe really.
I often wonder what the hang up is on highest RPM out of the wood. If I can out cut a saw (same cc & b/c)that turns 17k out of the wood with a saw that turns 14k, what did you win?
And for the record, I'll never post saw video's of rotten, falling apart wood. This is the same log as my cant.
These are work saws. Square chain cuttin' square cookies ;)

EC346 is just a kunt hair behind my DD357, same b/c.

EC saws never fail to impress. Very nice.

Wa wut? You should hang out on the groupie site and hang onto every word and video posted. Docs are so good they'll give a diagnosis threw a keyboard.

Piss rev, punky wood mafia!:laugh:
square file builds some of the strongest saws ever seen by man. Not sure how he can even walk to a cant, carrying those massive balls

square file builds some of the strongest saws ever seen by man. Not sure how he can even walk to a cant, carrying those massive balls
He's just really small,midget like if you will and that's what makes them look massive.
Just speculating.

No, its a gas race saw.

Here's a 346 of mine that gets acussed of being a cant saw by internet wonders. Its not.

Ok, I was thinking it was a little fast for the woods port thread.
I know others have posted in this thread saws that are built as race saws, and no one seems to have a problem with it ;).

So if that ones not a cant saw does that make it a can saw lol.
I do like those little huskys.

The 346 seems to be a fast saw ,but has anyone figured out how to make them ride in the pickup bed without rolling over on the rh side of the saw yet ?
Just throw the thing in the bed who cares if that's where they ride, especially if it's got the grey cover, they look like they been used and abused after a couple hrs anyway :surprised3:.
Mine ride in the back of the suburban on an oily towel as they leak like little baby Chevy v-8's :laugh:, I put a little more on the clutch side and they ride great.

I would have woods ported that dang thing :crazy2:.
Glad you walked out of there alright.
Ive always got huge gains porting these.
If it wasn't stuffed with a rabbit or squirrel I'd be in the hospital right now.
I spent several minutes basically standing on it.
I can't believe it didn't bite me.
I kill lots of them every year but always on my gravel road, that's the first one I've walked up on in the woods,he didn't make it. 20170617_112721.jpg

That's my type of woods porting right there lol.
If you look at your first picture of it just above where the swelling is from whatever it ate, right next to the log and under a leaf it looks as though there is a black squirrel kinda hanging out there not moving. Is it just me, or does it look like that to anyone else.
We have a small rattler here in Michigan, but you don't find them without looking hard for them. I know where I could find some if I wanted, but I'm pretty sure it's against the law to woods pot them here.

I kill 12 to 15 every year for the last 20+ years.
This one is a small one,in September I'll kill some truly giant ones.

They cross like deer in the same spot.
I'm sure I've killed over 100 and I bet 90 of them were in a 100' stretch of road.

Another thing is everyone of the 90 were all heading the same direction, never going the other way.

Where rattlesnakes are like here there is no other snakes other than black or king snakes.
27 years where I'm at I've seen 2 copperheads.
Only rattlesnakes here

I would have woods ported that dang thing :crazy2:.
Glad you walked out of there alright.
:laughing: LMAO
That's hilarious...
He's probably out there now, choking it and filing the fangs and dropping the "back rakers"?
He's probably bored...he definitely has the saw thing down.
Well my good buddy, I do think you are certifiable.
Maybe it takes one to know one?
What's up Brett, you been enjoying the show? I like the pretty orange work saws
I'm not much for watching them cut the logs but I like a high tune saw with instant response. A few more temper tantrums and spinning the saw around by the pull cord and letting it launch would do wonders for the spectator end of things.

I kill 12 to 15 every year for the last 20+ years.
This one is a small one,in September I'll kill some truly giant ones.

They cross like deer in the same spot.
I'm sure I've killed over 100 and I bet 90 of them were in a 100' stretch of road.

Another thing is everyone of the 90 were all heading the same direction, never going the other way.

Where rattlesnakes are like here there is no other snakes other than black or king snakes.
27 years where I'm at I've seen 2 copperheads.
Only rattlesnakes here
I woods ported a couple chipmunks today and yesterday, they looked real threatening and I can't have these wild animals around when my kids are out playing.
Pretty sure these guys are highly poisonous as well, but he got away from me today, guessing he wasn't woods ported, but race ported:laughing:.
20170617_115256.jpg

Ive always got huge gains porting these.
If it wasn't stuffed with a rabbit or squirrel I'd be in the hospital right now.
I spent several minutes basically standing on it.
I can't believe it didn't bite me.
I kill lots of them every year but always on my gravel road, that's the first one I've walked up on in the woods,he didn't make it. View attachment 585568
did you backbar him?
Best way to kill him from the tail is a whip of the wrist, it pops their head off every time. We have rattle snakes in BC and Washington's Okanogan region. Thats wine/fruit country.
Some great Snake & Mongoose cage fights on YouTube

Back