woodshed lights

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This time of year can be a real drag when doing outdoor activities and projects. Good news, we are now gaining the minutes back. Anyone try the solar led motion light from harbor freight. Upstateny what brand are you using

I couldn't find a light fixture that I liked so I built my own,(i'm a electrian). A T8, 4', 4 lamp, fluorescant, streched out to about 20' long inside the shed. Works great. You never know about going to the wood shed in the dark. Sometimes there are thing that go bump in the night out there.
Wood shed lights, log splitter lights, and street light, you can split in the cool of the night in the summer, or after dark in the short daylight hours of winter,

Attachments

• 1519.jpg
    1519.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 109
  • 1518.jpg
    1518.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 118
  • 1529.JPG
    1529.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 101
Every past winter for years I made a mental note to run a power line underground from my garage to my woodshed. Of coarse, in the warmer months I would always forget until it was too late and the ground was frozen. But this summer I finally remembered. No more trying to hold a flashlight and a arms full of firewood at the same time. What a difference a simple light bulb can make.

I have lien to's on both sides of my barn, and I put a covered double gang with a switch and outlet on each side. The switch operates a double head floodlight fixture. Then I have a security light on the front.

This is the switch plate cover I got at Menards. I really like the design.

Outdoor Switch Cover.jpg

There are some pretty nice fixtures out now that can use the CFL or LED lights. I used to run halogen work lights in my barn but light the whole thing now for less wattage than one of the halogens I used to have. Only thing with CFL is in winter they take a little to warm up and get bright. The LED's do better.

Back