Woodsman12X and Bandit 1290H

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DFD34

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I started a thread in the large equipment section but did not get any useful replies so I am going to try here. I am wondering if any one has or has used a Woodsman 12x or a Bandit 1290H. I am in the market to buy a new 12 inch chipper and have used a Morbark Blizzard and a Vermeer 1400 but not a Woodsman or Bandit. These are the only chippers that I am interested in. Does anyone have any useful information or experience that could help me out. Thanks in advance, DFD34

Two companies that I sub for have the 12X here in town. The first was purchased in april last year and the other this past June. A rental company in town has the 1290.

From the hours I've seen the machines work, the 12X is the better machine. The first one had a wimpy winch, an inconsistent auto-feed, and sticky hydraulic controls. The newer machine doesn't have any of these problems. It just eats anything up to 14 inches that you put in it without any difficulty. Don't get me wrong, the 1290 is a good machine, but the Woodsman is an overbuilt excellent machine.

TT

Koa Man might be able to help ya he uses Woodsman chippers. He just bought a Disc Cone but I don't know if it has arrived yet.

Back