Woodsplitter hauler update

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jredsjeep

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Will i am not sure if it has been done before but i did a simple upgrade to my trailer to allow solid mounting of my log splitter. i know they can be hauled behind a vehicle by themselves but i am not a big fan because you can feel it jumping around and you really have to watch the turns. before that i used ratchet straps to hold it on my trailer and they to have come loose or failed, never catastrophically but enough i wanted something else. with this mod now i just have to ratchet down the back end and can haul away.

just though i would share.:greenchainsaw:

Great idea ! I've been meaning to do something similar with mine....... i always move mine in my trailer also (mostly because I refuse to give the state money to put a plate on it).

Good Idea

We pull our splitter about 35 miles and leave it up there until it snows. My biggest fear is those straps. The front of the splitter isn't like the wheeler that you can snug down. You had a Great Idea... I'll be doing that to our trailer next week.

Thanks for the Pics.

Rep your way..

Great idea ! I've been meaning to do something similar with mine....... i always move mine in my trailer also (mostly because I refuse to give the state money to put a plate on it).

I pull mine all over the place and dont have a plate on it.

I've thought about doing that, but how do you put it back on the trailer when you have a full load of firewood?

My splitter stays at home... I've got a Fiskars and a splitting maul that fit behind the back seat of the truck just fine.

Wow, they require you to have a plate on a splitter?Guess we got it pretty good here in TN.
We are not required to have a plate on anything being towed unless its over sixteen feet long or used for commercial use.
I dont even have a plate on my 15.99 ft wood trailer,or on the boat trailer.

:clap: good idea!

When I rebuilt my trailer a few years back,I installed a hitch receiver(the smaller one) for the same reason.

thanks for all the compliments! it was just a simple idea that after i thought of i stood back and said "wow that was simple, why didnt i do this before."

I've thought about doing that, but how do you put it back on the trailer when you have a full load of firewood?

i am usually transporting my splitter to work somewhere else not so much to split wood then bring it home. i suppose i could stack the wood all around it if i had to, that would keep it real firmly in there.

Wow, they require you to have a plate on a splitter?Guess we got it pretty good here in TN.
We are not required to have a plate on anything being towed unless its over sixteen feet long or used for commercial use.
I dont even have a plate on my 15.99 ft wood trailer,or on the boat trailer.

Yeah, I'd say you got it pretty good. We have to title and register any utility trailer...not the splitter though.

Back