Woodstock Soapstone stoves

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whatscooking

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hellow everyone, I have been holding off starting a fire untill last night. I was able to retire the end of last year so the wood pile is as big as i have ever had and the selection of really dry wood made it easy to get started. Woke up to very cozy house this AM, didn't need to get dressed asap. For my setup this stove has worked out ow so very well.

Which one do you have? I have wondered about the soapstone stoves but don't know anyone with one.

Woodstocks are beautiful. I have a Hearthstone Heritage and swear by it. Nothing like soapstone!

610c18eb-ebb1-2928.jpg

Need more convincing before I pull the trigger on a Hearthstone Heritage

Woodstocks are beautiful. I have a Hearthstone Heritage and swear by it. Nothing like soapstone!

610c18eb-ebb1-2928.jpg

I'm looking at a Heritage and frankly I'm a bit alarmed at the enormous number of negative comments to be found on the web. It seems the company may have a QC problem and unless you buy from a great dealer your SOL for support. So I'd like to hear more about the stove, any experiences with the company and your dealer.

This will be my first stove and I don't want to regret it. If the Hearthstone is at all dodgy I'm going with Jotul

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
PJ

Hearthstone

Hello,

I have a Hearthstone Phoenix Soapstone stove. In the second season we had it, 9 of the 11 stones cracked, and the paint started to spider web crack on the stove. We sent our stove back to Hearthstone, which costed us $500 dollars for shipping :( We shipped it from Hamilton Ontario, to Vermont.

Hearthstone replaced everything basically and sent us our stove back. We didn't have any problems with them, they are a good company to deal with.

Our stove heats our home nicely, and runs non-stop from the end of September until the end of April.

attachment.php

I'm looking at a Heritage and frankly I'm a bit alarmed at the enormous number of negative comments to be found on the web. It seems the company may have a QC problem and unless you buy from a great dealer your SOL for support. So I'd like to hear more about the stove, any experiences with the company and your dealer.

This will be my first stove and I don't want to regret it. If the Hearthstone is at all dodgy I'm going with Jotul

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
PJ

Absolutely have a good dealer. I did have to have it rebuilt once as after the first heating season the cast iron split on the frame near the side door. The dealer handled it all with no cost to me. Had it back in a timely manner, no complaints. Have heated with it for 4+ seasons now and love it. Very easy on the woodpile, as the heat lasts and lasts, even after the fire dies down. You must burn adequately dried wood or you will be frustrated. Enjoy. PS - Jotul's a great stove too...

Latest posts

Back