Woodstove fans?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you seen the one that sits on the stove and the heat propels the fan blades? Very quiet, but not sure how effective it is. Paul F B

I have the small version of that heat driven fan. It is cool looking and it does circulate a little air, but it was expensive and I feel I could run an efficient electric fan 24/7 for several years at about the same cost. I have a jutul stove and there is no rear mounted blower available so I just use a few fans plus the little heat propelled one and I feel it does a good job although there is room for improvment. The trouble with running fans, even on low, is I have trouble hearing the tv, and since we have a 2 year old who sleeps directley above our polar, I can't turn it up too load.:bang:

i use a large eco fan (still small) and i have a really big steam piston fan that never turns on because i dont run my stove at 600 all the time. I would love a good electric fan you could put right on the stove that could handle the heat.

i use little vornados all over the house and they work great im just being picky

Thats pretty cool! If it wasnt $250, I'd consider it. right now, I have a little squirrel cage blower on mine and I figure at 1 amp, it costs me about 10 cents an hour to run. So .10$/kwh x .12kw x 3 hours/day x 30 days/month x 4 months/year= $4/year. so I can run this blower for 58 years before I start saving money. even if I run my blower for 10 hours a day I would need 17years to recuop my money.

whats electricity cost? I just assumed .10/kwh

i have one of theose free breeze fans, they only work at high temps and eedto be oiled every day, they are fun to look at but for 250 they serve no purpose, dont wast money

ya, i wrote that first statement as a guess. then i started the equation and but didnt go back to fix it.

it is a neat gadget. I have one of those minature steam engines that turn pullies and blow steam whistles. its kind of neat too!

We simply use a very small fan about 5 inches dia.(metal) placed behind stove...works great. Walmart seasonal sale $2.00

any chance of picture of your setup aarcuda? i have a extra 300cfm blower fan i think i may build a box for and setup behind stove. i could run pipe from box to anywhere to circulate air. runs a 1.5 amps so not to bad. do you think the heat behind stove would just kill it quick? how about drafting problems?

mine was built into the stove. the squirrel fan is down below the firebox directly in the back and there are ducts that direct the air along both sides.

My stove is an older Earth Stove Mdl 102 made back in the 80's. Its old but it sure throws off some heat.

The blower in my Regency insert pulls 0.7 amps on high and 0.47 amps on low, its on almost 24hrs a day and I dont even notice it on my electric bill. Really puts the heat out there too, you really need one with an insert without one your not gonna get all your heat out in the room.

best deal out there...

ck this out. I bought one, after a year it started to make a clicking noise. The commander in chief didn't like it. I called the company back and they sent one out with out charging me or even asking a question. Great customer service. I then read the small print and it is guaranteed for life. And cheaper then replacing the commander in chief. www.thermalengines.com

Latest posts

Back