Woodstove Photos

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My new woodstove install

We are not finished, should be in a few weeks. Just installed a used Hardy H2 that was in the family. We have another H2 at my father inlaws and brother inlaw has a Hardy H4. I hear they like the wood, but they have had good luck with them and don't seem to use more than other outdoor wood stoves around here. Have to insert the heat exchanger in the duct work, and hook up my AIC water to water exchanger for our domestic water. So plumbing and some electric and we are done.... Can't wait to beat the propane bills.

stove_400.jpg

stove2_400.jpg

A few weeks ago we had this....

stove3_400.jpg

iCreek
Mid-Missouri

Last edited:
The others (inlaws) have both if them in the open, with wood stacked kind of close. My thoughts are to stack wood along the sides to block the wind, but to leave it open for now. I know you have to be careful with stacking wood to close, this one caused a fire in one of the wood piles, and that is how I ended up with it, insurance settled, new outer skin. Then my brother inlaw built a new shop and need to get the bigger H4, so I got this one.

iCreek
Mid-Missouri

Whats this one?

This woodstove was converted into a furnace by the previous owner of my home. I have been there since '95. Anyone know what it is? I have no clue.

My Dutchwest Cast Medium non-Cat hard at work keeping my 2000 sqft home warm. This will be my 3rd season. We burn approx 5 to 6 cords of New England hardwood a season and keep it going 24/7. Stove will easily do a 9 to 10 hour burn.

stovetruck013lg3.jpg

stovetruck014ra8.jpg

stovetruck015ml4.jpg

Old school buck insert...couldn't be happier. 12 years on the current blower.

Sits square in the middle of the house...any stove would shine in this location.

When that mass of bricks gets warm...it stays that way all day & night.

BuckresizeIMG_0511.jpg

Great Thread

I really enjoy seeing what everyone else is using out there. I have an RSF OPEL insert. It runs flush with the wall and has a gravity vent to the room upstairs that is controlled by a damper. It has a very powerful blower that keeps the house very warm. My trusted wife keeps it burning all day long. I holds a burn for up to 8 hours. When it is really cold around Jan. and Feb. I drink 3 glasses of water before bed so when I wake up about 4 hours after bed and fill'er up to keep reallly hot through the morning. I am very happy with this brand.

Well here is my wood heater, it is a fire chief wood/coal furnace...sits in my basement and works great..centrally located with even heat distribution..DW

Alrighty then,

Since others have posted insert pics, here is my Fireplacextrodinair 33 elite. It does a great job heating my 1200sf dormered cape and looks great too!

Adam

I just use a coarse terry cloth towel and some water to remove the stain on the glass. if you put water on it it will soften and then it is easier to remove

Some fine and efficient looking stoves, but where do you put the turkey?

Heartland Oval, actually desgined the house around it. Have never turned on the electric backup heat (live in Montana with -20 to -30 temps). Heats 1634 sq ft with ease (have to be careful or have to open windows at night to cool off).

Don't even own a regular cook stove, this does the job all year long.

Never have to worry about what to do with extra wood.

D Mc and S Mc

=====

That's one good looking stove.

I'm surprized it heats the whole house @ those temps...must be one hellofa insulation package...:clap: :clap:

And here is one from Morsoe 6,5kwhttp://arboristsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=82341&stc=1&d=1227248315

Back