Workshop (Snellville, GA)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jblimbwalker

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Oct. 25, Briscoe Park on Lenora Church Rd. in Snellville GA. Registration 7:00-8:00, over at 4:30. This workshop will be presented by Mark Adams and Scott Prophet with topics including: PPE, Equipment for rigging, knots and hitches in rigging, Forces created in rigging, Mech. advantage, Climber safety, and Rigging techniques.

Iys a shame its so far away, Id like to attend myself but im not about to travel that far...Rob

Originally posted by Robh
Iys a shame its so far away, Id like to attend myself but im not about to travel that far...Rob

I've talked to a few local(GA) climbers who say the same thing. Go figure.

The workshop was a success. Large turnout and I'm sure everyone left knowing something they didn't know that morning. Good job, Mark on the speedline demo, oh and great job on that shock load you took. These figures aren't exact, but after a 200lb. piece of wood was shock loaded the reading on the dynamometer was almost two tons. Amazing. I also took the opportunity to enlighten as many as I could as to the fruitful bounty of knowledge that awaits here, at our hangout. Thanks again, Mahk and Scott...oh and Jimmy too!:p

Man, I can't believe I missed this one! I gotta start checking in more frequently. I was free all day Saturday the 25th and only live about 15 min from Snellville. Let us know if anything else comes up.

Latest posts

Back