Worst purchase (TRUCKCRAFT DUMP INSERT) ya'ever made

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the aluminum lightness may be part of the deterioration. I will give it another once over tomorrow tho. It actually worked its way down in the last stage but hesitated yesterday after dropping Dingo logs in it all day.

I think the aluminum lightness may be part of the deterioration. I will give it another once over tomorrow tho. It actually worked its way down in the last stage but hesitated yesterday after dropping Dingo logs in it all day.
Hi there Tree Vet. I have two truckcrafts and one del dumps. Mine r all good but a friend had the same problem with his dell dump very similar setup. we took lifted it up supported it and took the hole thing apart. what did we find dirt in a tiny screen which is the exhaust where the oil dumps back to reservoir. We found that cleaned it out and replaced with transmission fluid dextron two. no problems. but just to give u the heads up the electric valve that releases the oil could be faulty. Also not when new but the hose internally can be collased and you would see it. So best to take it and strip it down. anyway they should have just put a hole new pump assembly on from truck craft. They are beautiful boxes I have the extra high sides on one and love them. There is a guy up here in Canada that is selling one I thought I would buy it too. cheaper then new. Take care hope you can solve it.

I have a TC-121 insert and it is one of the best investments I have ever made. I have never had an issue with it. I bought it used and have used it for years. It sounds like you have a clogged exhaust screen or air in the lifting ram. Truck craft is an excellent company in my opinion

that sounds like a better buy than my 1st stump grinder, the Vermeer push behind. What a joke! I used it once grinding a 30 inch silver maple stump. No kidding, it took me over 4 hours. by the time I was done, my hands, arms legs all can't stop shaking. I paid 4500 for it and sold it the next week for 2500! feel so stupid. Eriwn

I bought a $40+ sidekick climbing line retriever imitation of an old telescoping car antenna.
A $1.00 golf ball retriever I got from a Thrift Store looks slightly more durable.

I bought a $40+ sidekick climbing line retriever imitation of an old telescoping car antenna.
A $1.00 golf ball retriever I got from a Thrift Store looks slightly more durable.

I didn't bite on that tool but was tempted.

Flimsy thing is an ornament. Whoever designed it should be taken behind the barn and shot.

Latest posts

Back