Worst things to burn

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Plastic yard toys. Like those big turtle shaped sandboxes? They will leave a big turtle shaped grass free area for years. I didn't do it, but I may have consumed a beer or two while it happened.

Heehee! Never used gasoline in a wood burner, but I get rid of the old, stale gas (and some other old accelerants) by using a little to start the outside burnpile. Fooom!

When I was a kid, my father singed his eyebrows by starting the burnpile with gasoline. The good thing was that he wasn't injured, just startled. The smell was something terrible.

Okay, time to fess up here. So a few years back… I was going to light up a burn barrel. I was rather annoyed at my wife at the time and arguing with her as I poured "a little bit" (heehee, I think it was a gal ;p) of gasoline in. I put the gasoline container down away safely, lit up some paper and proceeded to between yelling matches to throw it in. It didn’t catch, I am like WTH? Lean over (not directly, close enough apparently) my face was peeling for about week afterwards.

Tes

did a shingle job for a guy, 80 or so bundles, we stripped it into a big trailer the guy had, he took it away and a couple hours later there was a big fireball just past his tree line, then the tree's went up, dumb a$$ had unloaded the trailer into a pit he had dug, let a 45 gal drum of old gas drain into it and lit it off with a road flare, burnt down a stand of tamarac and burnt for day's, he got into alot of trouble for that one, talk about black smoke the wind blew it at his house and permanently discolored his siding. funny it only would have costed him a couple hundred in tipping fee's at the land fill ended up costing him countless of thousands from the m.n.r and epa fines. lol

Did you know that non-dairy creamer is flammable? Only when airborne though. My brother was holding a match and a guy threw some NDC at him and it did a number on his eyebrows.

Creamer, gun powder and a 5 gallon bucket.......lets just say :jawdrop:
looks kind of like the pictures above of the fire balls. We've done it the last three years for the city's 4th of July fireworks show.

My neighbor is an "everything" burner, he burns almost all of his trash, and he does it in in daylight and sometimes on a smoldering, cool fire.

I burned a foam plate once just to see what it was like, I couldn't believe it smoked black nasty smoke for 3-4 minutes before it burned away. After that I kind of watch what I throw in there. I has some microwave popcorn the other night and threw the empty bag and bad kernels into the fire and got to hear them pop, was kinda fun.

Oh yeah, here's another. Never throw firecrackers in a fire. When your neighbor is the chief of police. And he's walking over to talk to you.

Just sayin...

Things I burn in my OWB

Manure

Roadkill

Old TVs and radios

Roofing shingles

Old swimming pool liners

Old shoes

Just Kidding!!! Just wanted to get a reaction

Yeah tires do smoke a bit. Awhile back me and a buddy got a bit too drunk (If there is such a thing) and tossed about 25 or so(prolly more like 40 but who's countin)among other things on the fire when we were cleanin up the lawn. The fire marshall showed up about an hour later- apparently he saw the fire from the opposite hill and thought somebody's house was burnin down. Nope, we told him, just burnin some old junk, leaves and grass clippings, but we did appreciate his concern. Thankfully the tires were burnt up by then. I will say the flames cresting at 30 or so ft. was one of the bigger fires I've seen...

so your telling me that i cant throw the old rods into the fire that i have in my nuke sub? come on man, your no fun.

few years back a guy in the next town over tried to burn about 500 skidder tires, the whole town and a few others were totally engulfed in black smoke, it took the police about 10 mins to show up. :dizzy:

You are suposed to wait untill a foggy morning to do that. or so I have been told...:confused:

At a friends house.....dumped gas on wood pit for later that day. Girl showed up that had a lighter.. "Hey, can you light that wood for me... WHOOOSHH!! She mas MADDDD!

We have a veal farmer who is getting a massive OWB put in. He gets old milk from creameries and he goes gets a bunch of 1/2 pint cardboard/plastic containers and he says this burner is going to save him a bunch of money on dumpster rentals because he is going to burn all the empty milk cartons.

Good thing he doesnt have to many neighbors

Ok...so...I just came here to get info on an old stove....but you guys are funnier'n anyTHING on tv.

Back