worth getting??Factory reconditioned solo 690 units

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wooddawg

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
found recon solo 690's with 2 year warranty for 450 bucks each I am thinking I can get two for price of a different saw
Displacement: 90 cc
Power: 7.4 hp
wonder if the hp is a bit high rated.
reckon this would work for milling and I would have a spare this way
I think this would be a good deal any thoughts?

7.5hp sounds right on.
Getting two sounds like a great idea.
If you get a double ended milling bar, you can run both for the really big stuff and one should be just right for smaller dimeters.
Although, If you are using two, wouldn't that be a duet instead of a solo?:D . I have heard good things about solo products-very solid saws. You will probably need to get your wife on one end of the mill with two powerheads. Then she will for sure think you are nuts:p

Not to say the recon wasn't done right but I don't know of any manufacture who does this. Whenever I see "Factory Reconditioned" it sends up warning flags because it makes it sound as if the manufacture did it when it wasn't.

"factory Recon"

I did research on these saws a few months ago, found out that they were in fact "NOT" reconditioned, but wouldn't pass US EPA regulations. So to get rid of them are selling as recons, they were replaced with model 694, that would pass. (if I remeber correctly). In my opinion, is a great saw!

thanks!

thanks for replys,liked the post about the epa deal instead of reconditioned!thought if the two year warranty was crap i could keep one running by getting two,like to tinker
only stumped me for awhile saw i ever worked on was echo with out power it ......took it apart and the crank was busted in the middle saw several like it in the early or mid 80's could always figure everthing else out purty well
Hey woodbeard wife don't care for eating sawdust*smile*monday i got her anew 20 inch push mower got me a new rider.she likes push mowin'
went to cardiologist yesterday got a dopler echo says heart is abit stronger said whatever I am doing keep it up told him i eat pork and drink 3 two liters of dr pepper and put 800 lbs of lead in a back pack and jog up hill everday.He said keep it up.
glad some like solo never used one guess I am going to try them
need to check about parts online wonder if theyhave an odd ball bar?

Latest posts

Back