would the real gypo please stand up

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johncinco

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Since it is hard to pin down who is who sometimes, I figured we could take a poke at figuring out what some people actually look like. Here is my best guess as to what gypo REALLY looks like.

(I stole this off sawkings ebay)

John,

Sorry you're wrong here as this gentlemen is far better looking than Gyppo. :blob2:

Now I know why Santa never brought me that Husky last christmas. Bastard is using it for himself. :angry:

attachment.php

I can't believe that not one of you has figured out who Gypo Logger really is. Oh sure, you all think you know about John being a discrete entity that lives an idylic, carefree life as a bonafide logger up in Canada. He lives for today, drinks a little too much, smokes a pack or so a day, shows little or no interest in strategic issues, makes a good living, but only works as much as necessary to make ends meet. He's super friendly, honorable and mischievous, all at the same time. All he does for fun involves woodslore. 99% of the books he reads contain stories, history and poems about the great outdoors. Every single day of his present life, he does some combination of the following:

1. Works as a logger for between 2 and 5 hours, if at all.
2. Reads only books about woodslore.
3. Smokes a pack of Export A cigarettes.
4. Drinks and average of 8 ounces of grain alcohol in the form of
beer, blueberry wine or cheap "Napolean" brandy.
5. Talks to some girl in Washington about sex for an average of
4 hours.
6. Talks to key members of the "AS Mafia" for an average of 4
hours.
7. Types an average of 237 words on AS forums at 8 WPM.
8. Takes an average of 1/3 of a shower.
9. Eats a can of smoked salmon.
10. Takes apart saws on his dining room table.
11. Files and grinds chain.
12. Dreams about how to live in the Yukon with no money when
he turns 80.
13. Spends 30 microseconds thinking about how he will arrange
the order of tasks 1-12 above, so that tomorrow will be more
interesting than today was.

Sounds kinda like the antithesis of someone else around here to me.

John,
You forgot to mention his love of concocting bizarre scenarios and role playing.

How about all of those wild OT pictures he puts on this forum? Are they really of him?

My parents over in Spain get on here every once in a while just to lurk and see what outrageous things he's gotten into. I think that Gypo is more than one person.

I have personally met the real Gypo Logger on several occasions and he is everything his brother John said....except I find it very hard to beleive he actually types 8wpm....more like 5wpm...maybe 3....I hated watching him on my computer....hmmm

I can say one thing about the real Gypo Logger....not one of you will ever meet anyone that is like him...(thank goodness)..The Roopleys, Rbtree, Rotax, and Dbabcock can attest to that...

here is a click i took of lambert when i actually caught him wearing some safety gear. it was the only time i witnessed such a thing and i thought it would come in handy some day. marty

When Rotax, Dennis and I created Gypo Logger, it started out as a simple, harmless, inside joke. We based the character on the real John Lambert, who had a web site and forum. Unfortunately, the real Lambert lost his life when a log truck rolled over on him in the fall of '01. By that time, Robert had gotten to know some of his personal friends and relatives well enough so that we could in effect "take over where he left off". We all got to be pretty good friends with John's brother Wendel, who was a few years younger than John and after a few months, convinced him to let us photograph him and use the pictures to keep the spirit of his brother alive.

Dennis and Robert have been selling saws under his name for the last year or so on EBay. Wendel handles the shipping and phone calls from his own house in Erin. Those who have met Gypo, haven't really met John at all. It's been Wendel all along. Wendel is Gypo Logger, not John. Robyn, the "Cleaning Wench" can verify all of this if you shoot her a PM sometime.

So there you have it: There's a little Gypo Logger in all of us. Dennis is certainly right about one thing. If you could have met him when he was alive, you certainly would never forget him. We certainly won't.

fcb5be35.jpg

Gypo was run over in a freak trucking accident when a logging truck rolled over him up north in the yukon; although he did survive the intlial rollover, he did not make it much farther than the 3rd or 4th pass since his 6th wife decided she had enough.

I met the man only once and that was through a chainsaw purchase just north of Toronto in 97. He was a pleasant man of about 4' 2" tall with no hair and a free-spirit a mile long and one who did not mind inbibing from time to time (but only when alone or with somebody else) I will miss him.

He was a genuinely good little guy, who would do anything
for you.
He would accept my calls from the Fayette County detention
center and wire me bail money. I always paid him back,
except for that last time. When I got back home, I got on the
computer and learned of the accident, at least I was told it
was an accident. I still owe his estate $800, I guess.
I miss him a lot.

:dizzy:

Gypo had two brothers, Wendel and his other brother Wendel.

Which Wendel is this one? :Monkey: :blob2: :laugh:

There were actually 4 kids in our family. John was the oldest. I am his only brother, but we also have two sisters. Both are happily married and I have a total of 8 nieces and nephews, three of which are John's kids. One sister lives in Vancouver and is an RN. The other lives in Texas and owns a real estate company with her husband.

John was the only one of us to quit school and travel all over the place. We used to call him either "the hippie" or "the vagabond". I'll have to dig up some pictures and find a working scanner so I can post some old pictures of us. Believe it or not, John actually used to have hair down to his a$$! I went to the University of Waterloo and ended up with a degree in Chemistry. I now teach science in middle school.

John and I are a bit different in personality. He took after my father who was sometimes a little on the gruff side. I took after my mother, who was the consumate practical joker. I guess you could say that Gypo Logger is both the best and the worst of each of us.

So the real deal is that I post here as John Lambert on my computer, sort of as a foil to Gypo Logger who I post as from my brother's computer which I keep in the bedroom.

Hang Tough,
Wendel

As I remember, Gypo's kids were guite young when he died. Did anyone ever go back to the daycare center in B.C. to pick them up or do they still reside there?

Johnny 5,
Right idea with the picture. I played with it for a few minutes to make it more applicable. Added hearing protection while I was at it.

Robert,
Give me a call at the office and I'll call you back.

Back