Would you spend as much on a chainsaw as a firearm?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 4 rifles and two Handguns left to buy and I'm done "Collecting".

I still need a 100cc saw, and another 50-60cc Saw(262xp), so no.

Some of the Firearms I have bought, are now worth more than my Truck and tractor combined. Saws get used like a hammer or any other tool around here.

For some reason I just can't get all swarmy about a Saw like I can an Old Burnside Carbine, or Borchardt Pistol.

Probably the same reason I seem to beat the snot out of my Black rifles in Training, and baby the hunting rifles in the woods.

Now if they keep choking the new saws with emissions crap, I can see hoarding "Pre-Ban" Saws like AR-15's.:D

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Don't think i would trade these rwo old beautys for a saw. Top one is unfired and the other very little.

Picture002.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture004.jpg

The amount i have invested in saws is hundreds, but i have thousands invested in guns. I have only recently become intersted in saws, but i have been shooting 20+years. I havent bought a new saw, but probably will, it wont come close to what my more expensive guns have cost;including scopes,rings etc.
A rifle is a precision instrument which costs. A saw is a simple two stroke power unit with a bar and chain attached.A power tool in most peoples eyes, at a price to sell to do a job.

The amount i have invested in saws is hundreds, but i have thousands invested in guns. I have only recently become intersted in saws, but i have been shooting 20+years. I havent bought a new saw, but probably will, it wont come close to what my more expensive guns have cost;including scopes,rings etc.
A rifle is a precision instrument which costs. A saw is a simple two stroke power unit with a bar and chain attached.

A power tool in most peoples eyes, at a price to sell to do a job.

Same thing can be said about a gun...

Same thing can be said about a gun...

Yeah, it probably can at a basic level for a non enthusiast who just wants cheap equipment to do a job, but you can buy a superb chainsaw for a lot less than the price of a quality gun.Its all relative really and some folk might have need for a top end saw, but for an average user such as myself i just dont need it. I like quality gear, but fortunately what i want is within my price range. Same with guns.

both

I do not collect guns or saws but just seem to aquire them both through a good deal or just like that model, they all get used and they all have been tweeked to my liking by myself . trigger jobs, ported and ploished, exhaust work, flash hiders, and sights. also hand loaded ammo, custom mixed fuels.
I use the saws to keep the shooting range cleaned up at our club.

Your kind of rifles: AR’s, AK’s, HK’s, Cetme, FAL’s, BMG’s, Mosin, and a 22 here and there.

NICE A5's stihl sawing!!

We dont have any Brownings yet, my go to shot gun is a Berreta al391.

Ive gotten bit by the EBR bug lately and ordered the parts to build one. It will be my first build. Ive been shooting them for a couple years and the bolt guns dont get much use anymore.

The EBR disease is as bad as CAD.

NICE A5's stihl sawing!!

We dont have any Brownings yet, my go to shot gun is a Berreta al391.

Ive gotten bit by the EBR bug lately and ordered the parts to build one. It will be my first build. Ive been shooting them for a couple years and the bolt guns dont get much use anymore.

The EBR disease is as bad as CAD.
Thanks,Two more old brownings. One is a 16 gauge.

Picture007-1.jpg

Picture006.jpg

I saw a couple A5's at a gun show this month. They were asking $500+. I thought it was too high.

Someday I will add one to the collection.

I saw a couple A5's at a gun show this month. They were asking $500+. I thought it was too high.

Someday I will add one to the collection.

Around here an A5 in the kind of condition shown in the pictures for $500, would not last but a moment unsold. I saw a Light 12 go for $850 the other day, albeit was pristine.

Latest posts

Back