Wounded helper...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RAMROD48

RAMROD48

Addicted to ArboristSite
I was gonna make a joke about 4 year olds and log splitters but figured I wouldnt get a warm reception....lol

Got pushed off the slide at school...time to roll on some preschoolers...

First one is on the tractor in the wood lot last week, second in today at the ER....

man 4 year olds are tough...broken wrist/arm....

Outlander

Outlander

ArboristSite Operative
That little girl looks to sweet to have to be going through that kind of pain.

Best wishes to you and her, I hope she gets better real soon.

It's wierd how accidents happen. All of the things my wife helps me do, cutting and splitting wood, tieing dozers to semi-trailers, running farm equipment, etc. She had a small slip on the ice last winter, tore her rotator cuff, and now is recovering from sugury. It seems the smaller the task, the worse the injury.

BigSix

BigSix

ArboristSite Lurker
I broke my arm when I was 9 y.o. I wish I had some words of wisdom to impart, but I don't, so please accept my heartfelt wishes for her quick, complete healing. She looks like a very brave, pretty, little girl.

I hope your daughter has a speedy, total recovery.

Peter

Ductape

Ductape

Addicted to ArboristSite
Awwwwwww. Unfortunate........but she'll forget she even has that cast on in a day or two. Most of us have broken a bone or three at some point. No doubt difficult to know she was hurting, but it will give her more character in the long run. Hopefully her mom didn't freak out too bad.

DJ4wd

DJ4wd

ArboristSite Operative
My daughter has a 4wheeler and many other devices to get hurt,but now she"s in a cast because my nephew (6yr old skinny) on a 20" bike ran over her foot and broke 3 of the top bones that are in with her growth plate.
X-rays/surgery/70 stitches later....My point being they get bumped broke and scraped all the time no matter what they're doing,so might as well let them live a little. Thoughts and prayers heading her way.

Iska3

Iska3

Addicted to ArboristSite
That was always my biggest fear when my kids were growing up... Something about when those little ones get hurt, it rips your heart out.

She sure is a cuttie.

jcappe

jcappe

ArboristSite Guru
Love the first pic, second one pulls on the heart strings a bit :)
I have a 4 yr old also hate to see them get hurt but it's part of life. I think alot of the time it's harder on us than it is the kids. Hope she has a fast recovery.

wigglesworth

wigglesworth

Booned
man 4 year olds are tough...broken wrist/arm....

Yep, they are. When I was 3 or 4, I fell off of a swingset and broke my arm in 3 places. My parents didnt know for like 3 days, she just happened to see me favoring my arm. 3 days with a broken arm, and I acted like nothing was wrong...

Sorry about your youngin.

RAMROD48

RAMROD48

Addicted to ArboristSite
Thanks guys, its funny to see her asking for "help" again, at 4 she is more independent than most 20 year olds...:)

but now she needs us again....:clap::clap:

indiansprings

indiansprings

Firewood Purveyor
What a cutie! She'll be going 90 mph before you know it. Kids are so tough, they just bounce back and keep going. So far my daughter hasn't been in a cast, she's been sewed up, both boys have had broken bones. It almost seems like it's part of growing up. Hope she gets well soon!

RAMROD48

RAMROD48

Addicted to ArboristSite
The tough part of this is that my inlaws watch her during the day, the are both deaf and she has to sign (american sign lauguage) to them....you should see her sign with 1 hand...its kinda funny....:)

gandrimp

gandrimp

ArboristSite Member
I didnt read all the post so forgive me if its already been posted.

Have her drink all the milk she can stand.

I broke my arm in 6th grade and just did my normal everyday thing, heal time 8 weeks. Broke same arm in 8th grade and drank milk like it was soda pop,heal time 3 weeks.

Cute kid by the way.Enjoy her now cause they grow so quickly. It'll seem like in a couple of weeks some creepy guy will be asking to marry your 18 year old daughter.