WOW! Bad Firewood Deal

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weights and measures is under DN
In Oregon, it is under weights and measures, and Oregon doesn’t take ANY Crime Seriously, UNLESS you’re a Republican, then spitting on the sidewalk is a 10 year sentence

Doug :cheers:
Weights and Measures is under DNR here. Same building I took my Maryland Tree Expert License Exam in.

When I guy selling firewood shows up with a 1/2 ton truck I wonder if he knows a cord of firewood weighs 3,000lbs seasoned and 6,000 lbs green.
When I bought a load of firewood a guy shows up with a Chevy c30 dually dump truck. A two cord load? I bought two loads by the time I stacked it. It was 3 cords not 4 cords I paid for.

My one ton k30 was built for 15,000 lbs gvw. Light weight is 5,000lbs. I had 72 leaf springs and a 11,000 lb rear dually. I measured inside the rack body for 128 cubic feet = one cord. I weighed 16,000lb of stone plus 5,000lbs in the gravel pits that’s 21,000lbs I had 16 leafs in the main, ten leafs in the helper on the rear, I had 52 leafs in the rear, and ten leafs on each side in the front. 72 leafs total.

I buy seasoned firewood often the guy shows up with a new 550 Ford 4x4 with a steel dump body that holds an excess of two cords. Everytime we stack it, it’s over two cords. I’m a good customer and he drops the price to 200 per cord but I give him his going rate of $240 per cord. I give his son $10 who loads the truck with a bucket money for ice cream. When he lowers the cost of a cord I tell him he works hard for this money and pay him the going rate.

Weights and Measures is part of the Department of Agriculture, in Oregon

They have standards for measuring firewood, it must be sold in increments of a cord, by Regulation, but hey, you can burn a City to the Ground (So long as you’re a Lefty Liberal “Mostly Peaceful” Protester) does anyone really think that weights and measures is going to get involved, unless someone with some serious influence got screwed?? :laughing:

Doug :cheers:

Well, he is still at it. Brodie Weaver is on FB Marketplace. I did not research his history before ordering 5 facecord. He delivered less than four face cord almost four months ago and has been ducking my messages asking him to make it right. I would also bet, that since I am in Rochester and he is located in Hannibal, the wood is being transported more than 50 mile, in violation of the DEC order. Anyone in the 585 know of a reputable firewood seller in the Rochester area? Thanks.
Contact News10NBC about this guy. Berkely Brean would probably do a story for ya.

Try our Craigslist. There’s a few reputable sellers on there. A couple are further east from the city but deliver all over for a small fee.

Latest posts

Back