Wow Christmas came early and I Suck

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jughead500

Sasquatch
Reaction score
went to work on a poulan 3300 and a xlao homelite yesterday along with another poulan that they knew nothing about.this was for my friend Steves future son in law Daniel.Daniel had always been eyeballing my special piltz racing addition with the large dawgz i use for stumping and the aluminum skid plate for use on these mountain sides so i dont bust my fuel tank.
Anyway Daniels Grandpaw put him in charge of the saw herd so he could clear the fence rows and clear more pasture.i show up and get started on the 3300 which just needed fuel lines.the xl ignition gave up after it fired up.
so i popped the hood on the next poulan and he said that grandpaw didnt want either of them to spend much on it since it was so old and too heavy for brush work.
to be nice i asked if they would trade for a running saw maybe with or without a bar.either way suited them so i got started cleaning and fixing a ms360 i had set back for parts.pulled a pretty good night cleaning and replacing what was wrong and still may have to do some other odds and ends to get it completely right.
so far lets say im out $50 on the saw.pho but im adding a spare 16"-18" .325 bar and chain from a spare 028.i also spent a few hours working on the other stuff.lets say $30 for time and parts.so this morning finished cleaning and putting everything back together for this.........

20151210_132509.jpg 20151210_132519.jpg

yeap a 5200 as far as i can tell.
and again thanks to Definative Dave,Sasquatch got to wear his Poulan Green CCC Shirt today.;)
20151210_120124.jpg

Nope nate not yet.fiddled with the carb and scraped out a teacup full of crud out of the carb screen.runs pretty good now.piston doesn't have any marks and is a thin ring.if that helps.

Should be a 5200 then if it's thin ring. You can also take the clutch cover off and there is a plate that will say what model it is unless it's missing. Nice saw, should clean up real good!

Jughead500 you traded a ms360 for two Poulans? I read that entire post for that? I'm sorry I don't understand why you would do that lol are those Poulan made of gold?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

What's so special about it? I'm not a Poulan guy. All Stihl here. Never met a Poulan that would run long enough to appreciate its light weight lol

What's so special about it? I'm not a Poulan guy. All Stihl here. Never met a Poulan that would run long enough to appreciate its light weight lol

Older Counter Vibe saws were made back when Poulan made great saws, not the ones sold now at the box stores. Youtube Poulan 5200 and watch a few videos, pretty impressive. (85cc's)

Older Counter Vibe saws were made back when Poulan made great saws, not the ones sold now at the box stores. Youtube Poulan 5200 and watch a few videos, pretty impressive. (85cc's)
I see... Well hey at least you hooked him up with a good saw lol

Jughead500 you traded a ms360 for two Poulans? I read that entire post for that? I'm sorry I don't understand why you would do that lol are those Poulan made of gold?

no i just traded a $50 (but great) ms360 parts saw for an absolute reed valved monster.

no i just traded a $50 (but great) ms360 parts saw for an absolute reed valved monster.
I don't think we speak the same language but hey more power to you lol I have never messed with Reed valves or Poulans here. Yes 360 is a great saw. At least you're happy with the deal that's all that matters! Lol

Latest posts

Back