Wow! I'm being weaned!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ole Farmerbuck

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Yep, i'm getting weaned off my crutches so maybe i can go cut some firewood. It's been over 10 weeks now since i bummed up my knee. I went back to the Dr yesterday and he said to go ahead and walk (or try to) without crutches as much as i can. One of the first questions was 'how about firewood? How much can i lift'? Gee, i can lift 15-20 lbs! I might have to hire some help but i bet one way or another, i will get firewood! Lets see, my saws are all close to 15lbs and under so i should be able to run them and the helper can load the logs. Gonna be a challenge but we'll get by. Last year i sold about 30 cords around here and i might have 1 face cord from last year in the shed now. Got to get after it! So......any of you passing by, feel free to stop by and help. lol

I wood give ya a hand if closer but get some more time on those legs and you will be much happier sawing yourself. I broke my collar bone once and that sucked for a good 6 months.:cry:

btw did Doc prescribe any good medicine? Like the all healing Stihl?

I wood give ya a hand if closer but get some more time on those legs and you will be much happier sawing yourself. I broke my collar bone once and that sucked for a good 6 months.:cry:

I wish you would wake up before posting here!! lol lol

I do recall him saying something about more s-x would help.

Use a 361, it doesnt weigh anything, runs all day on a tank of gas, and never needs sharpening.........:popcorn: .

But seriously, take it easy-avoid overdoing it.

Use a 361, it doesnt weigh anything, runs all day on a tank of gas, and never needs sharpening.........:popcorn: .

I have been waiting for something along this line. lol Wish you would have told me earlier to take it easy. I have a feeling its going to be tough getting wood this winter. Especially 25+ cords. But........ole 2k will show up here soon!! lol He cant wait to get ahold of my 346. lol

doesnt the 361 also move mountains cure cancer ect... maybe it would heal the knee too :popcorn: :popcorn:

doesnt the 361 also move mountains cure cancer ect... maybe it would heal the knee too :popcorn: :popcorn:

Well, it didn't cure my damaged foot, still waiting for surgery to get the scrap metal out, as a beginning.....

..but luckily we were a couple of years ahead on the firewood, most of it courtesy of the 361. :clap: :clap:

...and it saved me from cancer - at least I don't have any, nor does Witchy (she has used it quite a lot before getting the 5100S, and then getting ill).....:cry: :cry:

Edit; btw I also used the 5100 just before I busted my foot - dang!!!

Last edited:
Glad to hear it Buck, Wish i was closer. I would sure help ya out. Just don't overdo it. It's probably hard not being able to run them nice saws ya got.
Thanks stihl sawing. You seem like the type of guy that would help if you could. Thought about getting the GF to run one but she only weighs 100lbs dripping wet! Hey, i'll do what i can do. My knee is more important than the wood i guess. Although the extra 4 to 5 grand would be nice for the winter.

Thanks stihl sawing. You seem like the type of guy that would help if you could. Thought about getting the GF to run one but she only weighs 100lbs dripping wet! Hey, i'll do what i can do. My knee is more important than the wood i guess. Although the extra 4 to 5 grand would be nice for the winter.
Thanks for the compliment, Always have believed in helping out a freind or neighbor no matter what.

Back