Wow!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treeman82

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I pulled into the yard this morning to pick up my spray rig, and I landed in a hail storm of information.

The landscrapers I used to be friends with, who are "watching every penny" decided to let the low life tree company (that I also used to be friends with) borrow their dump truck, and skid steer so that they could go do a job. Apparently the low lives had a tree which was near? a shed which had to be moved in order to do the job, and that's why they needed the skid steer. I heard through the woodwork that their climber was unable to do the tree with the shed underneath... however they told my informant that I would have banged out the tree with the shed there no problems. Now apparently they just needed the dump truck so that they could pick up some logs from a job and bring them back to the yard... 2 small loads, nothing crazy. I figure they would probably run the machine and truck out of fuel and bring them back. That, or just destroy something with the unlicensed driver. As luck would have it, their climber will be going to prison for the winter for some reason or another. Then I heard that they got kicked off of a job over the weekend for failure to show up... however these guys bring their bucket to the jobs a day in advance, so they were told that they had till Monday afternoon to get the bucket off the property, or it would be towed. Not sure if they picked it up or not.

Meanwhile another local, who has a pretty good rep called me about subbing once in a while on bigger trees that the bucket can't get (guy can climb pretty well, but he doesn't want to do the big uglies anymore... I can't blame him.) That's one I wouldn't mind on an occasional basis.

I pulled into the yard this morning to pick up my spray rig, and I landed in a hail storm of information.

The landscrapers I used to be friends with, who are "watching every penny" decided to let the low life tree company (that I also used to be friends with) borrow their dump truck, and skid steer so that they could go do a job. Apparently the low lives had a tree which was near? a shed which had to be moved in order to do the job, and that's why they needed the skid steer. I heard through the woodwork that their climber was unable to do the tree with the shed underneath... however they told my informant that I would have banged out the tree with the shed there no problems. Now apparently they just needed the dump truck so that they could pick up some logs from a job and bring them back to the yard... 2 small loads, nothing crazy. I figure they would probably run the machine and truck out of fuel and bring them back. That, or just destroy something with the unlicensed driver. As luck would have it, their climber will be going to prison for the winter for some reason or another. Then I heard that they got kicked off of a job over the weekend for failure to show up... however these guys bring their bucket to the jobs a day in advance, so they were told that they had till Monday afternoon to get the bucket off the property, or it would be towed. Not sure if they picked it up or not.

Meanwhile another local, who has a pretty good rep called me about subbing once in a while on bigger trees that the bucket can't get (guy can climb pretty well, but he doesn't want to do the big uglies anymore... I can't blame him.) That's one I wouldn't mind on an occasional basis.

:dizzy:

it's getting crazy around here too.

lots of landscrapers and fly by nights doing trees. a few have gone under and hopefully a few more by spring.i'll just go back to mechanical and welding for a while.

unfortunately some folks are gonna get seriously hurt in the meantime.

Latest posts

Back