wow!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joecarrr

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have been thinking about getting an ms361 for a while and finally pulled the trigger. I did alot of reading and everybody said to get a 20 inch bar instead of a 25. Well, I got a 25 anyway.. The salesman gave it to me for the same price. I have to say I am wowed by this saw! I expected it to blow my other saws away but not this bad. I watched alot of youtube videos and mine seams to cut even faster! Wood is like hot butter now... Thanks everybody for talking me into the 361. I cut 3 truckloads worth of firewood today while my son loaded one truck full.

Glad it's working out for you, the 361 is a fine firewood saw.:clap:

attachment.php

WOOOHOOOO!!!!:clap::rock:

Congrats on the new 361!!!

They are a nice balanced package, and should do ya proud for many years.
I dare ya to wear it out!;)

LOL!

Make sure to grab a 20" bar for it soonly.
They handle even better when they ain't nose heavy, and after a dozen tanks of fuel through it, you'll be impressed even more.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Congratulations. I got to go out and get started on my firewood for 2012 today and blasting through wood with a good saw is a whole lot of fun! :chainsaw:

My brother has a 361 that just went off warranty so we modded the muffler and now it cuts alot faster.I am a Husqvarna guy but you got a good firewood saw in the 361.Which saw did it blow away the MS170:hmm3grin2orange:Sorry.

I was bragging so much that I forgot to ask.. Is there anything I should do to it? Richen up the mixture? etc... I'm gonna run my mix gas a with a little extra oil in it for now.

I'm so exited how much wood I can cut with this thing. I'll have all next years wood done in no time and be working on 2012's wood this spring. ( I just moved to this property).. The greatest thing is that usually when I come in from cutting I'm soaked in sweat and my back hurts. Now I'm just soaked in sweat.. no back pain! I broke my back a few years ago. this is the main reason I went with the 25 inch bar. I was just looking at 20 inch woodland pro bar/chain combos on baileys. I might get one just to see how much faster it is.. I can't imagine a saw being any faster:dizzy::dizzy::rock:

if you are using the 25" for bucking the wood you will be fine. i am tall and i use this setup to avoid bending over as much. a 25" bar buried in wood is too much for this saw on a consistant basis, unless you are cutting softwood. it will be much happier with a 20".

Good on ya!
I'm an old saw fan, but there is nothing like a excellent quality new one.
That saw will last you a very long time.

ok.. I had to post a picture.. All I can think of when I see it is Tim Allen from Home improvement.. "wah ah ah ah ah ah ah"

sthilms361.jpg

Which saw did it blow away the MS170:hmm3grin2orange:Sorry.
I know.. I deserve it. It is kind of a girly saw. At least I have something to let my sons practice on..lol....
I would have gotten a 361 but I had to get what the wallet allowed at the time. I tell ya what though.. I'd rather use that little saw than my 45cc john deere saw for cutting small stuff.

congrats! i have a 6400 and i have a 20" on it. i've been considering a 24" for the same reason as you. to not bend my back as much. have fun with that saw

I have been thinking about getting an ms361 for a while and finally pulled the trigger. I did alot of reading and everybody said to get a 20 inch bar instead of a 25. Well, I got a 25 anyway.. The salesman gave it to me for the same price. I have to say I am wowed by this saw! I expected it to blow my other saws away but not this bad. I watched alot of youtube videos and mine seams to cut even faster! Wood is like hot butter now... Thanks everybody for talking me into the 361. I cut 3 truckloads worth of firewood today while my son loaded one truck full.

Mine's got 1 year of commercial falling on it and it's still running like new- enjoy - Sam

I know.. I deserve it. It is kind of a girly saw. At least I have something to let my sons practice on..lol....
I would have gotten a 361 but I had to get what the wallet allowed at the time. I tell ya what though.. I'd rather use that little saw than my 45cc john deere saw for cutting small stuff.

Nothing wrong with the smaller saws, I picked a 211 a few weeks ago, and it's great for light cleanup and limb work. My 084 gets heavy fast.:cheers:

Ahhhhh, the 361. The saw that I lust after.... haha. This is the one and only saw out there, new or used that I think I actually could possibly need, and dont have. I guess when I need one bad enough, I will buy one. Lookin' great by the way!

Ahhhhh, the 361. The saw that I lust after.... haha. This is the one and only saw out there, new or used that I think I actually could possibly need, and dont have. I guess when I need one bad enough, I will buy one. Lookin' great by the way!

You better hurry up and get one, not too many 361 left. Good news is it's replacement the 362 is even better IMHO.

attachment.php

The trick is to have several powerheads and several bars, and mix and match as the situation demands. I've often run a 20" on a 460, and a 32" on an 036, and a 16" on a 361, and a 20" on a 260, and so on and so forth, as need be.

(note: the 32" on the 036 is ideal for ripping plywood up -- it's not a very good setup for anything else)

Latest posts

Back