wow!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats on the new 361. Got mine 10 days ago And I'm all smiles.:hmm3grin2orange:
Running the 20" bar. Have a 25" Just having to much fun with the 20. I'll switch to the 25 this week-end just for the heck of it.
Enjoy it!!

There is one thing that you better not do to it. It is the #1 Rule of chainsaw ownership:

Never, under any circumstance, loan out your saws!

Bad things will happen..........

This will never happen! If somebody wanted to borrow a saw, they might be able to get one of the little ones from me, depending on how good a friend they were. This big saw could hurt somebody if they were'nt used to hanling a chainsaw.

I guess the term “big” is strictly relative. I would much rather loan out my 395xp to a newbie than an ms200t. It is wise policy to have a saw that you can donate to unworthy causes (like a brother in law). The standard “the loaner” is an expatriated HD Makita dcs 6401. If renting did not kill it, anit nothing gonna hurt that saw.

Glad it's working out for you, the 361 is a fine firewood saw.:clap:

attachment.php

Thats a Great Pic Andy !!! :clap:

That should have been in a Stihl broucher for sure.:)
I like the cherry wood its sitting on too! LOL

:cheers:
Gregg,

I carry 3 saws 210/16 (limbing) 310/20 90% of the bucking, 361/25 and 28 - falling and bucking the big stuff. I agree that 361/20 makes an outstanding, well balanced saw. I often think about putting a 20 on it and just carrying the 25 adn 28 bars for "in case". Of course that would pretty much retire the 310.

Harry K

Congratulations of buying a Legend since they are discontinued now.

Anymore I don't even loan out smaller, older saws.

I come with the saw, that's the only way.

Best advice for you and your new saw is put some time in here on the MS361 threads. The members here are very knowledgable.

Buy some chaps if you already haven't.

Stay safe.

:cheers:

I can see "nose heavy" being a problem with limbing. However, that setup works VERY well for both falling and bucking up to bar size in PNW softwoods. My honest preference is to carry a 460/25" and a 260/16" with both a 20" and 32" b/c in reserve to bridge gaps. However, I'd happily carry a 361/25" any day on the fireline. It will do pretty much anything I'll ever ask it to... plus, I still have both 260/460 back in the truck if I need 'em. Oh, and don't spend the day limbing with a 460 with ANY size bar if you don't have to. Your shoulders will be much less than happy with you in the morning.

Back