Wrecked a coupla big Western RedCedar Today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbtree

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Wrecked a coupla big Western Red-Cedar Today

The day started dry and finished wet. Well, this is the Pacific Northwet

The first was mammoth.....7 feet at ground level, 4.5-5 feet dbh...and hollow. along with a younger double stemmer, and some fir limbing, we produced 45+ yards of chips. Pat climbed the big fella, I did the smaller one, then Wraptored up the biggie to drop two 17 foot logs, then the 35' butt log. Whew. I'se tired....and a cold the last 10 days isn't helping...sheet, I just sneezed again!

Trading for the log proceeds, plus $600. Won't be enough due to the hollow log, less scale than
i guessed at, but the customer is very cool, likes us, and will pay what we need. which would be about $1700 total, and that is low, but I promised them a good deal. Way out on Ben Howard Rd past Monroe, along the Skykomish. Their kids own a farm two miles away and took all three chip loads......they also raise organic
Angus Beef...Yumm.

And a neighbor, for whom we've also worked, wanted a bid on removing a young leyland cypress hedge row...should be an easy $1500 or so...

Plus, I'm hoping to attract one of my woodworking craftsman to take the partly hollow butt slabs for table making, which could sell for $2000-4000 each finished. I only want 100 each for about 4 of them.

Here's a few pics, in slide show format
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rbtree/...48636385/show/

Included a coupla cool snags from the drive along the river.

--------------------

Great pics keep um cumn. Show them flat landers back east some of the BIG SKINNIES we have.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back