Wright and homelites

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lakec

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Last week I bought a few saws at what I thought was a really good price so here I am with pics and questions. For starters the little xl 12 runs great but it had some rigged up fuel line with hose clamps from the copper tube to the carb that I took off because there has got to be a better factory piece somewhere i can find. The xl 800 I honestly have not even tried to start yet. I met the guy at an Arbys and he had some fuel to put in it from his weed eater to show me it ran good. I didn't wanna take a chance on the weed eater gas being not sure of the mix. So still have not tried to fire it up yet but it seems to have good compression and fire when I pulled the plug after I got home. I also bought the old Wright saws and I am still not sure what to say there. The bigger saw has some body rust and is copper colored as I hope you can see from the bad pics. It seems to have good compression and I think can be made to run. The orange one has a model number B 316 and is seized up. When I pull the rope it does not budge. I was wondering if it would be a waste of time to try and find parts for it and see if I can get them both working again.Any advice on the old saws, waste of time or go for it, should be able to find parts or am I dreaming?!

QUOTE=lakec;2232188]Last week I bought a few saws at what I thought was a really good price so here I am with pics and questions. For starters the little xl 12 runs great but it had some rigged up fuel line with hose clamps from the copper tube to the carb that I took off because there has got to be a better factory piece somewhere i can find. The xl 800 I honestly have not even tried to start yet. I met the guy at an Arbys and he had some fuel to put in it from his weed eater to show me it ran good. I didn't wanna take a chance on the weed eater gas being not sure of the mix. So still have not tried to fire it up yet but it seems to have good compression and fire when I pulled the plug after I got home. I also bought the old Wright saws and I am still not sure what to say there. The bigger saw has some body rust and is copper colored as I hope you can see from the bad pics. It seems to have good compression and I think can be made to run. The orange one has a model number B 316 and is seized up. When I pull the rope it does not budge. I was wondering if it would be a waste of time to try and find parts for it and see if I can get them both working again.Any advice on the old saws, waste of time or go for it, should be able to find parts or am I dreaming?![/QUOTE]

Old saws is what we is. Asking bout old saws on this joint is like asking a drowning man if he needs a drink of water. Go for it!

:dizzy:

The Wrightsaws shouldn't need a whole lot of work, other than a carb kit maybe. I've got one exactly like your copper colored one that I've got blown apart, awaiting final cleanup and re-assembly.
One thing I've learned about wrightsaws is, Every one you find will be in Great shape! They just weren't used that much. After watching vids of them in action on Youtube, I can see why! They are SLLLLLOOOOOOWWWWWW!

Good score!

Murf

The Wrightsaws shouldn't need a whole lot of work, other than a carb kit maybe. I've got one exactly like your copper colored one that I've got blown apart, awaiting final cleanup and re-assembly.
One thing I've learned about wrightsaws is, Every one you find will be in Great shape! They just weren't used that much. After watching vids of them in action on Youtube, I can see why! They are SLLLLLOOOOOOWWWWWW!

Good score!

Murf

I am hoping that is all the copper colored one needs but the orange one is probably seized up. I am going to see if I can get it freed up any sometime this week. I was just trying to decide if it was worth fooling with the orange one or not. It might need a new cylinder,rings, piston and have not checked to see if they are even available yet.

Mine has a big Tilly carb and the kits are easy to get around here. They don't cut none to fast but they are odd looking. I have more fun with mine cause most folks ain't never seen one before.

Back