Wrongfully released?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Procut

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Been climbing now for almost 13 years , 3 years with the most present company. I do not have a cdl but have been driving the company equipment to and from job sites and baseyards. I have recently attended one of Dr.John Bal's seminars and learned that the company I work for or rather "worked" for has been taking huge shortcuts on many jobs and by doing so , raising safety issues. The owner has made everyone feel as if they "HAD" to operate equipment or lose your job , regardless of whether or not you have a cdl. Last night I voiced my concerns about driving equipment without a cdl saying that I refuse to do it any longer , that it's not safe or legal. GOT FIRED! Any suggestions? He tells me to get my cdl before he will consider hiring me back.

You brought the CDL issue up.

I'm not discussing right or wrong, as that's obvious according to law.

I'm not being sarcastic, but what response were you expecting?

Go get your CDLs.

Seems there will be bad blood there, so move on

NO , I was hired as a climber not a driver , states it on the paper work under job description!

I have to have a Class A CDL. We all have a Class A w/air brakes and HAZMAT endorsements. I have never driven the tank truck for spraying trees in 13 years to need my HAZMAT but we all have to be licensed to drive it.

You think you can just show up have everyone drive you around? There are going to be times when you will have to drive. Get your CDL and stop crying!
Bwahahahahaha , I like that! Stop crying , hahaha , must make you feel like a real man huh? It's crazy to think that a lot of people come here to get advice but instead we encounter people like you , computer muscles!

I'm sure you made the boss uncomfortable when you approached him about being in the wrong and making you drive with no CDL. You said if you were required to do so you would have in the above post, right? Well......I think most states require a CDL to drive big rigs and your boss required you to drive them yet you didn't do so. Probably a better approach would have been...."Hey boss, just wanted to let you know I went ahead and got my CDL since it was making me uncomfortable driving these things without one."

Well I hope it was worth it . Unemployment and all . Climbers are all divas anyways , prolly canned ya because you sucked at dragging brush or grinding stumps ..... What were your raking skills like , don't tell me that you were the guy raking around in circles ?

Bwahahahahaha , I like that! Stop crying , hahaha , must make you feel like a real man huh? It's crazy to think that a lot of people come here to get advice but instead we encounter people like you , computer muscles!
It just seems like common sense that every guy shoud be able to dive the trucks. When you got hired you thought you would just show up and not have to drive a truck? Again, get your CDL and stop crying!

Well I hope it was worth it . Unemployment and all . Climbers are all divas anyways , prolly canned ya because you sucked at dragging brush or grinding stumps ..... What were your raking skills like , don't tell me that you were the guy raking around in circles ?
Hahahaha , I love it , glorified ground men I bet! Another one flexing his keyboard muscles. You and Treeman stand in front of the mirror and flex together?

No ... I'm just ****ing with ya , but I can tell your vagina is still a bit soggy ! Too soon for jokes ? The only real advice I can give is when one door closes another better one will open (unless your a complete Dbag and then the door is to hell !

Dude , your just like that biting tick or better yet ***** crab that wont let go without being burned off , get over yourself. BTW , thanks for the advice , a few other doors have already opened. Do me a favor and put your head on the jam of one of them while I slam it shut.

You think you can just show up have everyone drive you around? There are going to be times when you will have to drive. Get your CDL and stop crying!

Why, since you brought it up, YES! Yes I do think I can show up and have everyone drive me around.

Actually that would piss me off too much as well. Where is the pick-up truck? I'll follow in that. Nevermind, I just bring mine, I ain't unloading all that gear.

I suppose my point is that after I am done hoisting my tired ass around the trees all day I am truly not one to be cranking a giant steering wheel around trying to avoid the little cars and such.

Don't get me started on what a climber is " supposed" to do but keep in mind that is me, a climber, usually the ONLY one doing it and if its nasty? Sheeit, who they gonna call? Me! Or someone like me, somebody too tired, cranky and impatient to safely be behind the wheel CDL.

But I do have say that depending on the situation maybe a guy should have his CDL. It would not be good for anybody if I had one. Sometimes that is a climber's mentality; not to drive big trucks. If you fight it that will also be bad for everybody.

Ordinarily I do whatever needs done whenever no problem but if I know I don't have a CDL I would be hesitant to drive it. Also if I did have deal where I was just climbing/treework and no big trucks, which has pretty much been always, then I would stick to that deal.

Judging by your snarky attitude I am sure firing you was liberating to your old boss ! He prolly marked it on the calendar as the single best business stress reliever of 2014 !

Do you even have a CDL truck? The bucket, that's right. Who drives that?

I heard you retired dan ?

True. No subbing. Jesus look at me anyway? Who would want me?

Did find a decent enough chap to help do my own work. Non-convict like, got hustle, can do, not going to tell me his ******** right off that bat and was actually looking at going to climbing school.

It did make me go to the bank and get money to finally buy that blue tractor I have been messing with and actually do have some bigger jobs to do. Honesty, and not to brag, I can always just call somebody up and tell them we are coming.

Back