Wrongfully released?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't go to school to learn to drive a truck. They're also a 3rd party tester without going through their schooling. I had a Class B when i worked at Asplundh and when i got hired where i am now i had to upgrade to a Class A and HAZMAT endorsement.
did you have to re take the road test for class A?

I did the same thing to get my CDL. There is a guy around here and he teaches you how to do the walk around and uses his truck and flatbed and guarantees you pass. When you go in to take the written test ask for a walk around card. It has everything you need to do on the walk around and you can use it when doing it.

It took me a couple times to pass the written test, damn trick questions!

I did the same thing to get my CDL. There is a guy around here and he teaches you how to do the walk around and uses his truck and flatbed and guarantees you pass. When you go in to take the written test ask for a walk around card. It has everything you need to do on the walk around and you can use it when doing it.
These people didn't guarantee me anything...i could use the card but i had to point out what i was inspecting and why i was inspecting it....he even loosened one of the slack adjusters on the front brakes on the passenger side to see if i would look at and know it was out of adjustment.

I live on the Big Island and no reason I can not go get my CDL. I have had 2 other companies trying for 2 weeks now to get me to make the move but I never seen this coming. The move to any of the other companies will require that I only climb with the option to get my CDL on the companies dime. The owner of the company I was working for was a climber at one time and he tells us all his story of how he hated ground work and that now he owns his own company he does not like having his climbers do any sort of ground work. I have never lived by his rules of not helping on the ground after coming out of a tree , I have always helped and in doing so kept a good relationship with all the groundies. Tried my best to keep the moral of the crew high. Theres no doubt that I will now go ahead and try to get my CDL , picked up a study guide today and will use the rest of the week to go through it.

Sounds like a real d*** head. I think your better off being out of there. If you lived in California the EDD would be all over this guy like a cheap suit.

Latest posts

Back