• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy WTB chainsaw for alaskan saw mill

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrWho3006

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Anybody have something I could use for occasional use? Found out from reading on here that the saw I have is too small and I don't want to burn it up. I'm in south east Texas. Thanks.

Well I have stihl saws already, but I'm not real stuck on any one brand, just as long as it runs good and not hard to get parts for. Lookin for something close to 75cc or bigger. I have the mill that will take up to 24" bar.

Ok that might help people that have saws they might part with. The only Stihl I have extra right now is a 660 and I'm not sure I want to see it go. I'm going to build a mill to use with a 36-42" bar.

Have fresh done from the bottom up MS460BB. Many new parts, dual port muff with mods, big air filter setup, 25" Stihl 3/8 0.050 bar, round FC chain. 800

Last edited:
JakeG...what does Pho mean and can u tell me a little about the saw? How many cc's and bar length? Location? Thanks

JakeG...what does Pho mean and can u tell me a little about the saw? How many cc's and bar length? Location? Thanks

Yes sir, PHO means power head only as in, "bar and chain not included". Though I could throw in a 24" b/c if need be. The bar on it in this pic is a 28".

It's 94cc's, pretty healthy with 170psi of compression.

I'm in Northeast Houston if you're interested in checking it out

Ok got ya, definitely interested in it Jake. Talking to another member about a saw also. Hope to make a deal with someone. Thanks

It's relatively healthy in my opinion and not in bad shape, though it has some cosmetic wear. I was going to use it as a milling saw but only got to do that once. No time for milling! With the cutting I do, I should look for something a little (or a fair amount) smaller, 460/461 or 2188/390.

I'm honestly not looking to sell it but figured I'd throw it out there since you're semi-local to me :).

Thanks for the kind words Murph!

image.jpg image.jpg

Have fresh done from the bottom up MS460BB. Many new parts, dual port muff with mods, big air filter setup, 25" Stihl 3/8 0.050 bar, round FC chain. 800

I'm in New Jersey just east of Philly. Oh, gasket delete blows 175. Has maybe two tanks through it. You can also change that to a 28" 0.050 Stihl setup with the saw if you like. You can mix and match or buy extras. Makes no difference to me. It does have the big airbox cover or can be switched back to stock. I did not bump the timing but that can be done if you like, no charge. New AM clutch cover and complete recoil. The jug is Hyway BB with a few touch ups inside. Has other new parts but I don't have the list home with me here. It's a nice saw. It was listed on AS. Still might be there. I'll get the vid and pics from the shop computer tomorrow if your interested.

Last edited:
It's relatively healthy in my opinion and not in bad shape, though it has some cosmetic wear. I was going to use it as a milling saw but only got to do that once. No time for milling! With the cutting I do, I should look for something a little (or a fair amount) smaller, 460/461 or 2188/390.

I'm honestly not looking to sell it but figured I'd throw it out there since you're semi-local to me :).

Thanks for the kind words Murph!

View attachment 321124 View attachment 321125

There is something very familiar with that pic---when I bought my 394 from the pawn shop it had 170psi. It was cheap bc they said it wouldn't run right. It cranked and ran fine for me until one day in the woods when it wouldn't crank. It turned out that the plug wire was worn into right where I see that tape. I swapped another lead onto it and it hasn't missed a lick since. I also have the same SnapOn gauge...btw, the 55 box hasn't even been opened, I will see what's in it one day. I have my scales set up on top of it!!

Latest posts

Back