• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: Stihl 044 Airbox Cover and Top Cover Emblem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunrush128

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
This weekend I scored a Stihl 044 for $100! When I got it, the guy said it was acting strange, and described what sounded like a lean condition. I got it home and discovered that the decomp valve was stuck. Pried it into the closed position with a screwdriver, fired it up, and it ran perfectly! Checked compression, and it has 168psi!?! I've got new saws that don't have near that!

Well, back to the topic... The saw has duct tape holding the airbox cover together, and the 044 Stihl emblem is missing from the top of the saw. If I can find them cheap enough, I'd like to replace both. I don't really need the entire top cover assembly, just the metal emblem and airbox cover.

Thanks! Chris

uhe3eby2.jpg

While I appreciate cgraham's offer, I was hoping for something in a little better condition.... Anybody? Maybe I'm being too picky...

I have the metal top plate for a 044, it looks like oem, but I'm guessing it is aftermarket since it came from ebay.

That looks like it would be a plastic 044 badge. That should be available from the dealer for about 4 bucks. Someone will be along and correct me if I'm wrong.

I'd assume the saw originally had the plastic badge since it's now missing...? I guess it doesn't really matter. Whichever one you can give me the best deal on.

38 with freight free air filter cover with crack

Attachments

• 20140909_194352.jpg
    20140909_194352.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 8
Back