WTH ! is this fear of a lawsuit ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
they're trackign what people buy based on zipcode and looking for patterns. With asid patterns they can target market that zip or even sell realestate to certain companies and prove that zip has a certain tendancy towards "X"

Exactly right. They are not taking your phone number or post (zip) code to benefit you or facilitate returns. They're doing it as a company directive to aid in future marketing. Marketing agencies have a whole heap of whizz bang formulas to determine where the majority of a companies' customers are coming from. They can then work out how many customers are coming from other areas where a "walmart" may already exist. Then they'll start investigating why the "walmart" in town X is attracting potential "walmart" customers from town Y etc etc. Don't underestimate how valuable a few simple numbers are in the big scheme of things to a major company or one with savvy marketing. They are cunning little buggars :)

I say I don't have a phone and only use Skype and that stumps them. If they ask for an email address I make up something like [email protected]

I follow Nancy Reagan's excellent advice: I just say no.

It's funny to watch the reaction, too. I say it cheerfully, but I say it, and they usually do a double take. :laugh: If they persist, I just repeat myself.

"Nope!" Big smile.

It really flummoxes them! :D

Even madsens puts something to this effect on it's reciepts.

"The customer has been advised of the safety benefit of a kickback reducing bar and-or chain, but requests a more aggressive type."

I went down to My local dealer to pick up a couple of loops of RSC chain .
The saleman puts the boxes on the counter and says ... "You have to sign this before I ring the sale up ." It's a form acknowledging that I'm aware of the fact that I'm not buying "low kickback "chain and that the chain could be dangerous ,or some words to that effect .
Have any of You had an experience like that ? I felt like laughing at the guy . But, then I considered the fact that they may have been in a lawsuit recently .
All in all ,it was a very strange experience .

Well, all saw chain can be dangerous - also "green" chain!

But actually it isn't really the chain that is dangerous, but the user!

I would have no problem signing such a form, and it may wake some ignorant buyer up.....:givebeer:

Latest posts

Back