X-torque double dogs fitted to 357XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be putting it through some ash today. I ran it briefly yesterday and it runs nice. I'll let ya'll know how it does once it's actually up to temp after cutting. And yes I'm already thinking about what mods to do. My brothers 357 has a MM, no base gasket and opened up transfers. We are going to do a side by side comparison today before we start grinding on our 372 cylinders...gonna be a fun day:rock:

Did some cutting in 14" white ash yesterday and this saw runs absolutely perfect. The chain is a little jumpy, I think the PO was a little too aggressive on cutting the rakers down. I sharpened the chain prior to cutting and I had to take 7 strokes out of each tooth to bring them back to the correct shape. Guessing he was free hand filing. I prefer using a guage. Also in the comparison with my brothers 357 there a was an obvious difference in torque. Once I run about 10 tanks of fuel through mine I will be giving it a MM and base gasket delete.

Had the stock small double dogs for a 372xp x-torq sitting around and decided to see if I could get them to fit my new toy. I prefer the doubles for cutting large limbs close to the trunk. After a lot of filing I think they are a nice fit. Not too big and they have a little more height to keep the muffler off the log in the big stuff. 20160103_133606.jpg 20160103_133541.jpg 20160103_124436.jpg

Looks good. The size fits well with that saw. I just have the large factory dogs. They're only around $4 at Bailey's.
View attachment 475873

Thanks, I really like the size of these on this saw. I would've gotten the full size had I not remembered these were laying around. My 372 got the full size dogs within a week of owning it. I also swapped my 346 dog for the larger 357 dog that I replaced. That is a nice fit as well.

Cgraham1: I like that style of dogs and have them on my XPW.

Planning on getting a set like that for my 357 next time I make a parts order from Baileys.. $4 is dirt sheap, but the shipping makes it not worth it unless ordering other stuff...

And yes, 346 lovers take note.. The stock 357xp single dog practically bolts right up to the 346. Nice little upgrade if you ask me... Not to copy Josh too much, but when I get the large dogs for my 57 the stock 57 dog is destined for my 346.

That is a really nice saw, looks like it is not going to be used by a serious wood cutter with the 2nd set of dawgs though.:wtf:

What all did u have to do to get the 372 dawgs to fit?

A lot of filing to make the dawg fit the case profile. The outside also had to be clearanced for the chain tensioner and the bump bwteen the bar mount studs. It's fairly soft metal and a good file chewed it up easily. Took about an hour to get everything lined up.

Had the stock small double dogs for a 372xp x-torq sitting around and decided to see if I could get them to fit my new toy. I prefer the doubles for cutting large limbs close to the trunk. After a lot of filing I think they are a nice fit. Not too big and they have a little more height to keep the muffler off the log in the big stuff. View attachment 475866 View attachment 475867 View attachment 475868
I prefer these over the bigger dawgs. Those are all a saw of that size needs. Looks great!

Back