X27 Vs X25

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Love the X27. Did about a cord last year and so far this year I have done 11 cords with it.

From what I see the X25 is shorter and has a lighter head.

Is there any reason for me to own the 25 being the 27 works so well for me?

Agreed, I don't see a reason for the 25 since I picked up a 27. Is the Gerber hatchet with the saw in the handle made by Fiskars? They sure look identical as far as the head itself.

Agreed, I don't see a reason for the 25 since I picked up a 27. Is the Gerber hatchet with the saw in the handle made by Fiskars? They sure look identical as far as the head itself.

Seems to me I was reading that fiskars owns gerber.

Anyone wants a nice fiskars product, check out the super shovel.

Fiskars makes heavier mauls with a composite striking head for wedges, but they don't sell them in the US! sucks...

Should be able to get one off the internet even if shipping is on the high side.

Most likely..I have actually talked to fiskars before on these, their USA marketing can't tell me why they aren't being offered here.

i have both....and they seem like the same head weight to me.
I was swinging the x25 all day and then used the 27. I felt there to be a little more "impact" into the wood but the biggest difference was the over shot i did with the 27 LOL. you dont realize how much length difference there actually is.

Latest posts

Back