XP or Not ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wander if the changes in the cylinder was one difference to the SE to the XP. My rebuilt saw has a decomp Mahle. That saw is an SE. I used an Ebay cylinder.on it. My parts saw is also an SE but has a non decomp Kolbenschmitt cylinder it is all original.

As sawtroll eluded to there seem to be many iterations and variations of stuff, seemingly based on what boxes they had at the warehouse at a given time. Look into the 266se/xp/268xp/268 saws. Loads of variations in cylinders/covers/badges etc that loosely follow ipl's but odd examples pop up. Not saying this saw one of those, but hard to judge a saw by its covers, so to speak

I wander if the changes in the cylinder was one difference to the SE to the XP. My rebuilt saw has a decomp Mahle. That saw is an SE. I used an Ebay cylinder.on it. My parts saw is also an SE but has a non decomp Kolbenschmitt cylinder it is all original.

I don't know of a single case where the cylinder (design or make) changed at the same time as the model designation - and often it went back and forth between the cylinder brands (KolbenSchmidt, Mahle and Gilardoni). On some models all three brands were used - the 262xp is one of them, the Jonsered 670 Super/Champ another. Likely there are more.

Well , why we're at it how about this one
29db691b9ddd4eb2630f72ad75c131bf.jpg

Off of a 281xp, doesn't say on tag, but says on starter cover and top cover.

Is this an '88 ?

Thx in advance,
Erik

Back