Ya gotta love the big P series Pioneers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A couple of months ago I bought a P50 parts saw, the muffler on it was the same with the louvred slots, unfortunately the outer cap was rusted/ rotted out, so I pitched it, didn`t realise it was not stock. Seeing your post i went to the scrap drum but my neighbour [ he takes my scrap/ junk in part return for me taking wood from his property] but he had cleared the drum, ce la vie [ Could this have been a European part,as the saw says assembled in Belgium, or maybe an after market part,]

Did you ever pop the jug off that big pioneer to see if anything special was going on in there, or did anybody ever figure out what the ex stands for?
Thanks Kevin

Did you ever pop the jug off that big pioneer to see if anything special was going on in there, or did anybody ever figure out what the ex stands for?
Thanks Kevin

No, Never did take it appart. Just like
running it. Still don't know what the EX is.

Lee

I just had a P50 in the shop for a fuel system freshening, took it out for some test cuts and found the power pretty awesome. The 3/8 chain was way undersized for the torque that thing made. It should have had a seat mounted on top of it to make good use of the power.

There's no reason to take apart a great running saw, the ex really interest me though.

In the dim dark distant brain fade past I think some "old " boy, pioneer fan told me the EX was for export ie the saws they were shipping or intending too across the pond "Stand correction" Have no idea what differences were if any.Don't know if it was my computer or your video but if it was the video & you can stop it misfiring at the beginning your saw will perform even better :lol:

Someone got creative
with the muffler but it seems to work well.

Lee

PioneerP62P61005.jpg
My P-60 has the same louvered muffler outlet.

Got to say even that hardly used P38 I picked up back in the summer impressed me with the amount of torque it has , you can lean on it and it just cuts .
Got to fix the oiler on it , not working for some reason .

Back