Ya playinwood give donnyman an e-mail

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
donnyman said:
Hi playinwood ,give me an e-mail please wondering how things went at the gtg, never heard much about it.Talk later.Don.
Hey Donnyman.The gtg went very well,good people,a little food,tons and tons of info and tricks of the trade.It was a cool -7c and very breezy.We were outside probably close to 4 hours.Witnessed some pretty smokin saws.The boys were cutting FROZEN basswood that was as hard as ash (I think).The little saws were 3 cutting 10" in 8/9 seconds and the biggest saw cut (084) cut 12.5/13" in 4.7? seconds.The 084 even beat a YZ250 bike saw.Sorry I don't have the times in front of me,just going by memory.All in all Donnyman it was what it was supposed to be,good people having a good time.jeff

Hi jeffThanks for the reply.By small saws what cc range,and is that 3 cuts for them in 8 or 9 sec. or 1 cutfor this time frame.Also were these stock saws or modded.Also theres a big difference between frozen basss wood and frozen hard maple.Ok talk later. Don.

donnyman said:
Hi jeffThanks for the reply.By small saws what cc range,and is that 3 cuts for them in 8 or 9 sec. or 1 cutfor this time frame.Also were these stock saws or modded.Also theres a big difference between frozen basss wood and frozen hard maple.Ok talk later. Don.
Hi donnyman I went and retrieved a few official times.The small saws were 0-50cc and the winner cut 3 10" cookies in 6.78 seconds with a 346.084 cut 4 seconds flat 12 to 12.5" and cold started 4.81 in 12.5 to 13"wood.Donny those are also 3 cuts.That basswood Donny was very hard as I went out the next day to play with it and some 10"elm and 12" soft maple to get a feel for the difference.All saws were modified.We had a couple local racers bring their stock stuff and they were behind 3-6 seconds depending on class.As for the maple donny,I didn't have any snow which could have made the wood dirty,(it's all about the chains)we were out in the cold for 5 hours already and it was getting dark.That show will be arranged for another time.All in all Donny it was a good time with good people.

Back