Ya'll Got me hooked! 4 saw this Week/ Pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tenacrewoods

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I've been here a couple month now reading,learning and gettin sucked right in.Been thinking on buying a new saw is how I arrived on AS, and last week
bought three on Ebay but still wasn't ready to make the big purchase yet.
the 3 I got where 2 small older Homelites & a Mac 130 w/14" bar. the first
Homelite was a 240 w/20" for $35 (payed too much) when It got here I opened box and spilt fuel all over my porch,(idiot shipped full) pull rope jamed
from grease/oil,wood jamming pully.It was that dirty,took me three hrs. to clean before I even tryed to start.Finally started after pulling 15 or 20 times
but wouldn't stay running,fuel leaking from vent on carb.handle cracked-just
a piece of crap so I emptied,boxed and sent back.OH! I did take pics of fuel
spilled in shipping box,how dirty it was and cracked handle.I wasn't expecting
the hope diamond from eBay for $35 but I'd never send any one something
that dirty,Anyway other HomeLite XL Super w/16" is nice little saw,started on 5 pulls.The Mac even better on 3 pulls.
Firday the Wife took me Out to lunch But said she had to make a couple stops first after a 30 min. drive she pulls in to a Husky dealers lot saying
I should go in and just look (been eyein 353) told salesman I just wanted to
get a feel for saw.Then the big Q, I ask how much-$378.95 but then he
floored me by saying if I was serious about buying today he'd knock of $100
So I walked out with my first new good 353,scarbard,6pk fuel/oil mix,bar oil
and new hat for less then $320 and wife took me for steak dinner taboot!
What A Woman!!! :blob2:
I know the little ain't much but it's a start? They're better then Box Stores
New junk which I've owned plenty of!!!
Mike E.

Last edited:
What a woman !

Indeed good looking crew, there. Especially the Husky.
I wonder what you did to get your woman letting buying you all this stuff in one week, and get a nice steak on top of it ? :dizzy:

My Wife is a pro Photographer ( does alot of weddings) and things are just really going well this year. Hopefully I'll have 2 More saws coming from Ebay by Monday, But the Husky's The only New one I'll be able to buy this year.

AS has gotin me hooked.
Mike E.

Funny you should mention photography, me and my wife are both gettting into amateur photographers and she kept complaining about needing an auto focus camera, so I bought her a new Nikon a couple of weeks ago, now she doesn't care what saws or parts I buy for myself now.

lostone said:
Funny you should mention photography, me and my wife are both gettting into amateur photographers.

do you realize the fun i could have with that quote? ok ok i'll get my mind out of the gutter.

LOL, oops I meant photography. Oh well thats what happens when you try to type something and your not awake yet. :dizzy:

Tenacrewoods

Nice story.

Have you got the shiny one into any wood yet?

Or, are you still polishing it? LOL :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostone
Funny you should mention photography, me and my wife are both gettting into amateur photographers.

Quote:
Originally Posted By KF Tree
do you realize the fun i could have with that quote? ok ok i'll get my mind out of the gutter.

Quote:
Originally Posted By Caledonian
Have you got the shiny one into any wood yet?
are you still polishing it? LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted By KF Tree
i wanna see some amatuer pics of that.

We know how your mind works then , don't we. ;)

Rereading it, I could have worded it a bit better. LOL!!!

What a wife! she's a keeper for sure. them saws look great, and I mean great. got 2 little ones to weild one in each hand, and hack the trees down. :p

Yeah! OSA
I'm not a one brand kina guy,if she runs good,looks good and is priced right
It's my kina saw,as long as it's ain't pul-on,had three that never lasted past
wrnty,and my tools are my baby's if ya know what I mean. I really like those
older Homelite's & Mac's plus I just can't afford too many Husky's & Stihl's at
$300 $400 or $500 but maybe once a year. So Bring on them $30,$40 or $50 dollar saws and I can justify 2 or 3 ever couple a months. 2 more by Monday
MAYBE!!! :blob5:

Gypo start a 12 step prog. for AS & chainsaws nuts (deny,deny) :laugh:
AS has me Addicted!!!!
Mike E

Good to be open to using more than just Stihl/husky. I love my older Macs, and other saws, they're not fast, but the job gets done with em, so I'm happy. plus they're cheap, and I can afford cheap.

lostone said:

Threesomes and foursomes, nice! :laugh: :laugh:

Latest posts

Back