Yeah, but its a small one.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treemandan

Tree Freak
Reaction score
018-6.jpg

017-6.jpg

015-9.jpg

027-3.jpg

At least the drum set was spared! Gimme a call, Dano, I'm up for a road trip.

Its Peabobody's Hill!

009-10.jpg

You remember Peabody's Hill? I don't always smack into an oak tree.

013-10.jpg

But when I do I go careening backwards down the hill like a pinball.

Anyway I first showed up there during the storm, was sitting in my truck looking out when that little oak uprooted and went over the driveway, about a minute after that I heard the one snap and land on the house.

What did you use the line that's tied to the trunk for?

Also to yank the trunk up the hill to cut it up.

I lifted the whole thing a little, cut everything off then brought it down gently.

033-1.jpg

the one 3 strand there was to keep it from going sideways into the house.

034-2.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah. I hadn't yet seen the second set of photos. Did you drag all the limbs up that little burm?

036-2.jpg

The electician never shut the power off, he just got the house drop out from under the fallen tree ( some feat i say) and coiled it up out of the way.

Last edited:
Yeah. I hadn't yet seen the second set of photos. Did you drag all the limbs up that little burm?

I would have brought someone to help me if it was going to be all that. The brush came off the front of the house. There was a breezeway I also was able to bring stuff through.

022-7.jpg

This was at the bottom of Peabody's Hill. After I finished that I pushed my chipper up the hill to Peabody's house for tommorow.

035-3.jpg

021-8.jpg

Last edited:
Dan, nice job on the removal, looks like it went well.

So were's all your groundie's at??...you just going solo these days??

Dan, nice job on the removal, looks like it went well.

So were's all your groundie's at??...you just going solo these days??

48inchbarpincher came down last week and helped me get a couple poplars on the ground. I have some scraper " buddies" I can get to hold a rope now and then. I let my rake boy/golpher go. Couldn't rake right , everytime I sent him for something it was hour and got the wrong thing but it was the conversations he would start that made me want to kill him. Also when I would say something like, " walk to your left" he would do something like turn around five times in the spot he was at and head off the wrong way. It was something I could pretty much count on happening everytime. You say " I'm gonna back up, watch me", and they watch you back over a chainsaw, rhododendron, little kid and while the whole time they are just standing back there waving at gnats (you might be tempted to think they are waving you on but don't be fooled, its the gnats) and jess WATCHING. Well I guess its my fault, I did say " watch me".:msp_unsure:

When I first hired the 25 year old he was supposed to drive the pick-up with the 3k trailer. I went over driving a truck with a trailer beforehand and made sure that he understood that he was ALWAYS to follow me. Well I thought I made sure, he did say he understood.
So the one day we are done and at a gas station, I say, " We are headed home, I'm taking my truck to the upper lot and will meet you at the lower." We get out on the road and this ####### passes me on the right and keeps going.
I guess if I was gonna sit back, turn the radio on, make a phone call, smoke a J and didn't want my boss to look in his rearveiw mirror and see me I would have done the same thing. But that whole thing was my fault again. See, I said, "I will meet you..." for some people that means something entirely different than, " when you drive this truck it stays behind mine got it? No ####, nowhere else but behind mine right?"

Last edited:
48inchbarpincher came down last week and helped me get a couple poplars on the ground. I have some scraper " buddies" I can get to hold a rope now and then. I let my rake boy/golpher go. Couldn't rake right , everytime I sent him for something it was hour and got the wrong thing but it was the conversations he would start that made me want to kill him. Also when I would say something like, " walk to your left" he would do something like turn around five times in the spot he was at and head off the wrong way. It was something I could pretty much count on happening everytime. You say " I'm gonna back up, watch me", and they watch you back over a chainsaw, rhododendron, little kid and while the whole time they are just standing back there waving at gnats (you might be tempted to think they are waving you on but don't be fooled, its the gnats) and jess WATCHING. Well I guess its my fault, I did say " watch me".:msp_unsure:

When I first hired the 25 year old he was supposed to drive the pick-up with the 3k trailer. I went over driving a truck with a trailer beforehand and made sure that he understood that he was ALWAYS to follow me. Well I thought I made sure, he did say he understood.
So the one day we are done and at a gas station, I say, " We are headed home, I'm taking my truck to the upper lot and will meet you at the lower." We get out on the road and this ####### passes me on the right and keeps going.
I guess if I was gonna sit back, turn the radio on, make a phone call, smoke a J and didn't want my boss to look in his rearveiw mirror and see me I would have done the same thing. But that whole thing was my fault again. See, I said, "I will meet you..." for some people that means something entirely different than, " when you drive this truck it stays behind mine got it? No ####, nowhere else but behind mine right?"

LOL, ya its hard to find good workers out there....let my brothers kid work with me for a little bit, but he got to tired and would take a lot of breaks, he never knew what to do, I always had to tell him....

I have 2 mid aged groundies that work for me part time, they are ready to work at the drop of a hat, I like that, they know what there doing, dont have to tell them to clean up, there all over it...:msp_smile:

Nice one Danno! I hear ya on the kids. Deer in the headlight look, they all..........hold on got a text, OMG, BRB, ROFL, IDK, SYL............ have it.

Back