Yee Haw.....E-Free gas now available.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1Alpha1

100% USDA Certified Abnormality-Free.
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I just discovered that we now have a new gas station that sells E-Free gas. 87 octane and it's $2.60 per gallon.

It's a Maverik station. I already have one of their VIP credit cards that gives me $0.06 off per gallon.

And, it's only about 14 miles away. :happy: :dancing:

Well, now your saws will love you and run better. Welcome to what I run. You may want to retune all your 2 stroke engines to run on real gas.

Steve Sidwell, Samsung On5 using Tapatalk

Well, now your saws will love you and run better. Welcome to what I run. You may want to retune all your 2 stroke engines to run on real gas.

Steve Sidwell, Samsung On5 using Tapatalk

Truth is, I don't retune from one gas to another. Same goes for oil types. Never been an issue for me.

Congrats on getting an E-Free station close enough to work for you! I have 2 stations within 1 mile of my house, so I am very lucky....

I am having to clean out, rebuild carbs, replace fuel lines and impulse hoses on a nice older gentleman's equipment that he left full of regular mix gas with ethanol..... he filled all the tanks up..... 3 years ago....

That is the stinkiest stuff ever! turned to gel-sludge..... He thought he was doing good by filling them all the way up....

It swelled the fuel lines and turned them mushy at the same time.... ruined them and the gaskets/diaphragms in the carbs on everything...

I told him about only using E-Free gas from here on or just buying canned gas, since there isn't an E-Free station close to him like there is to me.

I have one mom and pop station near by with e free gas. E free or not if it goes past 2 months it goes in the Jeep and I make a new batch.

Our Mavericks did the same thing about a month ago I even have a Sinclair station with 91 octane. It's about freakin time!

I just discovered that we now have a new gas station that sells E-Free gas. 87 octane and it's $2.60 per gallon.

It's a Maverik station. I already have one of their VIP credit cards that gives me $0.06 off per gallon.

And, it's only about 14 miles away. :happy: :dancing:
Fill your boots. Sorry cans :clap::clap:

www.pure-gas.org is a HUGE help.. You can provide updates as well if a station no longer has E Free.. or if octane rating is incorrect.. or if a new station carries it. great site!

Every time I fill a 5 gallon gas can, I start with ethanol free premium (the only grade that's ethanol free at the local Walmart) and add 2 ounces of Stabil and 2 ounces of Seafoam. Then no worries. It will all be gone easily within 6 months.

I have 2 stations with ethanol free gasoline I get my gas from for my saws, one has 88 octane and the other 91. I also treat it with fuel stabilizer, and since I started doing that I have yet to have a carb related issue with any of my saws even when they have sat unused for far too many months. I love the ethanol free gas.

Latest posts

Back