Fresh e10 gas vs. older ethanol free

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JackJ

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I've got a gas station in a neighboring town, about 10 miles, away, that sells ethanol free 91 octane. At first I was really glad to find them. But now I'm wondering how old that gas is. Not very many sports cars requiring premium gas around, and not many boaters seeking out alcohol free fuel. Certainly some other folks like me running OPE who care to spend a little more, but probably not a lot in the winter months. I haven't asked them how often they get that tank filled, and would feel kinda bad questioning the quality of their product (it's a family run service station, as opposed to a convenience store).

Am I better off running 10% ethanol in a higher octane from a busy gas station that gets new shipments frequently, or alcohol free of uncertain vintage?

To date, I've had no problems with E10 so far, but I'm about to acquire a new, spendy (for me, anyway) saw and want to do right by it.

Found a couple older posts that touch on this issue, but wondering what the current consensus is.

Back