Ethanol-free fuel now prohibited in Canada's gas stations?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just spent the latter part of the day cleaning a carb and gas tank my my Honda Rancher and am thinking it was E gas related. Carb had some corrosion in the float bowl.
Have you tried Av gas? Where is the closest state that allows non ethanol fuel to be sold? How you tried contacting an antique tractor club? I understand your state is ran by liberals that will not allow it to be sold but I am betting there are work-arounds that do not cost $24/gallon. As dumb as it sounds I am betting I could ship you a 5 gallon sealed container for less than $120. Now that would not be the brightest idea in the world but heck it is possible. They ship 55 gallon drums of oil daily.

Have you tried Av gas? Where is the closest state that allows non ethanol fuel to be sold? How you tried contacting an antique tractor club? I understand your state is ran by liberals that will not allow it to be sold but I am betting there are work-arounds that do not cost $24/gallon. As dumb as it sounds I am betting I could ship you a 5 gallon sealed container for less than $120. Now that would not be the brightest idea in the world but heck it is possible. They ship 55 gallon drums of oil daily.
Yes I dont want to use too much of it because the le`ad plus it byurns the hell out of my eyes.

I love e85! It burns cooler, it blows gasoline out of the park in detonation, or lack thereof. Man ethanol can take so much more timing, its crazy. It's cheaper, & it smells nice! PTFE fuel lines and the practice of not letting ethanol sit pretty much eliminates the big issues.

I see wrecked fuel systems weekly, bad fuel sending units, weak or leaking injectors failed fuel pressure regulators, destroyed charcoal canisters and vent solenoids. E85 is much worse, it highly dilutes the engine oil with fuel and fuel additives in just a couple tanks used, it eats aluminum, rubbers including the seals the oil comes into contact with. If I run non E in my truck I get + 2-3mpg. Ethanol burns cooler with less power aiding in less complete combustion requiring more fuel for the same output. As a country we would be better off moving towards peanut/sunflower/palm oil production for diesel engine fuel than corn.

I see wrecked fuel systems weekly, bad fuel sending units, weak or leaking injectors failed fuel pressure regulators, destroyed charcoal canisters and vent solenoids. E85 is much worse, it highly dilutes the engine oil with fuel and fuel additives in just a couple tanks used, it eats aluminum, rubbers including the seals the oil comes into contact with. If I run non E in my truck I get + 2-3mpg. Ethanol burns cooler with less power aiding in less complete combustion requiring more fuel for the same output. As a country we would be better off moving towards peanut/sunflower/palm oil production for diesel engine fuel than corn.
I figure 200,000 miles in salty Illinois running E-85 is pretty good with ZERO fuel related engine issues. Here by the time you hit 200K the body is gone and they hit the demo. My son and his buddy took two of my mini-vans to the demo in 2018. One had sat for several years with ETHANOL in it and fired right up. It has it's place but it's place is in daily used engines not small engines. It seems some cannot grasp that.

Well that is simple to me. I have used ethanol fuel in vehicles my entire life. They do not sit long enough to have "stale gas" issues. I used E-85 in vehicles when the price was around 20% less to offset the loss in economy. I have never had a vehicle that had a fuel related issue, it was always something else. As much as I support the use of fossil fuels the fact is it will run out someday. To say "not in my lifetime" is an arrogant statement that I here a lot. We have fought wars and are young men and women have died trying to protect oil supplies. We are caught in the grip of OPEC and they can squeeze us in the grapes anytime they want by cutting production. I will venture a guess one of if not the most complained about issue today is the price of fuel. Anytime we have the ability to lower our dependence on a foreign country we should do it. We have the ability to produce ethanol and employ AMERICAN workers to do it. The production of ethanol will never put American oil workers out of a job because we will still need AMERICAN oil.

Now with that being said I do not use it in small engines or engines that will sit unused. We have plenty of stations that sell ethanol free fuel.

The right situation is when a vehicle will use the fuel in a timely manner and the why is I support American agriculture and the American worker.
Bill, we have enough oil right here in America to BURY OPEC - we just have idiotic leaders that won't tap into it.

Bill, we have enough oil right here in America to BURY OPEC - we just have idiotic leaders that won't tap into it.
I am FAR from anti oil. We will always need it but I would prefer we preserve as much as we can while we produce as much renewable fuels as we can. The so called "green" folks think battery vehicles are the wave but they are not bright enough to realize all the flipping wind and sun in the USA will never power a country of EV's. They will be crying starvation when our productive farm land is taken out of food and fiber production for solar panels and wind turbines so they can be "green" in their Prius.

Well we had had the irrigation debate in other threads and I realize that irrigation is an issue in certain areas but here it is a huge cost benefit to those who do not irrigate as it saves us tax dollars. Every gallon they use is one less gallon we have to pump back into the river. Also the vast majority of corn is not irrigated. Here you cannot irrigate unless you are in a low are with a high water table. If you are then most (not all) of the time you are in an are that has excess subsurface water that has to be pumped back to the river. The reason you irrigate is because the soil is very course and will not hold water so you have to keep applying it.

As for the amount of water used in ethanol production what is being done with the water? Where is it going? Is it clean?
The water used in production is used in the mash just like beer . I’m guessing it’s strained and the pulp is used for feed . Water isn’t really fit for consumption by anything usually by the time it’s run off the mash it gets moldy .

Around here they irrigate everything even the dirt

Well my buddy goes to Vermont all the time on the regular so I can get it that way.
Of course it all depends on the distance, price, and of course how much you use. I have 50 and 120 gallon slip in transfer tanks. The 50 gallon was $200 but I see the farm store wants $330 now. The Tuthill piston pumps were around $75 but I cannot even find one now. I have a 12volt but they are high as heck. I use teh tanks for diesel but I have used them for gas in the past. On September 11, 2001 I ran to town to try to fill the 120 gallon tank with gas but they limited me to a small amount.

This is a link to my 50 gallon tank. Look at the top were it says......Not for use with liquids or flammable fuels....

It is a fuel transfer tank with a combustible sticker.

https://www.farmandfleet.com/products/302210-delta-50-gallon-square-liquid-transfer-tank.html

The water used in production is used in the mash just like beer . I’m guessing it’s strained and the pulp is used for feed . Water isn’t really fit for consumption by anything usually by the time it’s run off the mash it gets moldy .

Around here they irrigate everything even the dirt
It makes great animal feed. From 2003-2007 I worked summers at our local grain alcohol plant. It was a food grade plant and did not make ethanol for fuel. They made food grade products. The process is similar. They started as a feed company and the owners realized there was much more money in the corn processing for other uses and food grade alcohol. They shifted the feed business to other locations . The owner still maintains the feed company but I personally feel it is out of respect to his father and eventually it will close. One of my sons works at the feed research farm.

This country must move away from dependence on others. When it comes to the current state of affairs. If folks have an open mind they will see we are headed down a bad path. We must get away from others as we are probably headed to a war that no generation has eve experienced. I truly, truly want to be wrong but I am afraid this time I am right. We are going to need all the fuel we can produce.

Of course it all depends on the distance, price, and of course how much you use. I have 50 and 120 gallon slip in transfer tanks. The 50 gallon was $200 but I see the farm store wants $330 now. The Tuthill piston pumps were around $75 but I cannot even find one now. I have a 12volt but they are high as heck. I use teh tanks for diesel but I have used them for gas in the past. On September 11, 2001 I ran to town to try to fill the 120 gallon tank with gas but they limited me to a small amount.

This is a link to my 50 gallon tank. Look at the top were it says......Not for use with liquids or flammable fuels....

It is a fuel transfer tank with a combustible sticker.

https://www.farmandfleet.com/products/302210-delta-50-gallon-square-liquid-transfer-tank.html
What the hell is that sticker meant for lawsuits?

I REALLY hope this isn't the case, up till now you could be sure you weren't getting any alcohol if you bought the highest premium available. Will have to do some testing next time I buy.
ethonal bad for chain saws

What the hell is that sticker meant for lawsuits?
I have no idea. It is senseless. I saw a sticker even more ridiculous years ago. I had a cattle head gate. It is the portion of a chute that you semi-gently squeeze a calf's neck in to hold them while you castrate, vaccinate, etc.
The thing had a sticker on it that said "not for use on humans"

1676225569324.png

My area has lots of no ethanol now. Before I just took my gas can down to the local airport, waited in line with the small airplanes and got my high octane no alcochol fuel there. Kinda a hastle but the gas lasted forever. It felt strange to have an airplane pull up behind me.

My area has lots of no ethanol now. Before I just took my gas can down to the local airport, waited in line with the small airplanes and got my high octane no alcochol fuel there. Kinda a hastle but the gas lasted forever. It felt strange to have an airplane pull up behind me.
Here in the summer we have a station that has a 500 gallon above ground tank for race fuel. Just pull up, fill up your can, go inside and hand them the cash. Nice smelling stuff

I've been running e85 for several years in turbo engines. I replace rubber fuel line with polytetrafluoroethylene line & that's it besides bigger fuel pump & injectors Like stated previously, ethanol is a lot more forgiving with boost & timing. Cheap, too.

I've been running e85 for several years in turbo engines. I replace rubber fuel line with polytetrafluoroethylene line & that's it besides bigger fuel pump & injectors Like stated previously, ethanol is a lot more forgiving with boost & timing. Cheap, too.
Right now the E-85 is very cheap here as compared to E-10 and non ethanol

Back