Ethanol Free Gas?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your lack of problems are probably due to the fact your not letting your equipment sit for any long period of time.
Like the pressure washer that was used once in 2 years or the backpack blower that was used 2 times and then sat for a year before starting again? Look, believe it works or don’t, use it or don’t. Makes zero difference to me. People ask for solutions and I gave my experience. Don’t suppose you’re the only person here who knows his butt from ethanol in the ground.

ethanol free 89 octane at the pump here is only about 48 cents more than regular ethanol pump gas. I use ethanol free in everything I own except my truck. in my dirt bikes I mix the eth free 89 50/50 with eth free Sunoco 110. both are sold at the same gas station 10 minutes away.

Like the pressure washer that was used once in 2 years or the backpack blower that was used 2 times and then sat for a year before starting again? Look, believe it works or don’t, use it or don’t. Makes zero difference to me. People ask for solutions and I gave my experience. Don’t suppose you’re the only person here who knows his butt from ethanol in the ground.
I suppose there are people that believe in the tooth fairy too.

That doesn't answer my questions
You are just repeating the advertising hype.
I tried that stabil and not sold on it, in either one of them.

I use this and talked to their tech on the phone. My boat etc even though I run Efree has never run better. I noticed the first summer after putting it away with it on last tank and storing it. Somehow if water did get in the fuel from congestion etc it mixes adsorbs with it and makes it burnable. Read up on it.

I turned my dad in the mid 80's and even he couldnt believe how well the diesel version works in his tractor. Link below to read on them.

https://k-100.com/
k100.jpg

Interesting video but it is a little short on details. They do not state whether the glass jars contain diesel fuel, ethanol gas, non ethanol gas or what. The way there are such distinct layers between the "fuel" and water looks like non-ethanol gas with water beneath it, but the top layer is too clear to be any non-ethanol gas I have ever seen.
At any rate, you can just add an alcohol based additive to non-ethanol fuel with water in it and it will do the same thing.
We did it for decades in boat fuel tanks, before ethanol fuel came along by adding a product called gas dri or something like that to the tank. Worked fine up to a certain point unless there was just so much water it could not absorb it all. The boat didn't run great on it but it would burn it.
Using 10 micron fuel seperators that seperated the water from the fuel, then draining off the water worked much better.

Anyway, thanks for the link.

Leaded gas isn’t the devil. Heck, if I remember correctly there was a time when that’s all we used in everything. But the govt has done a bang-up job of protecting us from developmental issues.

1970s autism rate:1/2000
Todays autism rate: 1/50
You should look into blood lead levels by decade. Then see how that correlates to things such as autism and crime.

Lead is extremely toxic, and having it in the atmosphere provides a very efficient means for it to enter your blood stream.

The water finding paste is also technology from the 1970s, maybe much earlier. If you wanted to know if there was water in an underground fuel tank you would smear a bit of waterfinding paste on a long dowel and stick it to the bottom of the tank. The paste would change color from yellow to red up to the level of water in the tank.

The water finding paste is also technology from the 1970s, maybe much earlier. If you wanted to know if there was water in an underground fuel tank you would smear a bit of waterfinding paste on a long dowel and stick it to the bottom of the tank. The paste would change color from yellow to red up to the level of water in the tank.
Used it all the time in dipping bulk tanks for stand by generators. Great stuff.

The brands selling non-ethanol fuel in Southern Ontario are getting more scarce. It's down to Shell and Canadian Tire now. Both super.
Costco just switched from non-ethanol super to 10%.

No. Not at all. Up until recently there were 5 brands that sold non-ethanol super ( Ultramar, Esso (Exxon), Costco, Shell and Canadian Tire. Canadian Tire is a Walmart type chain, similar to Costco sort of) . Now it's just down to 2. And, I would assume that the super at Canadian Tire is supplied by Shell. So one supplier really.

Back