Ethanol-Free Gas: Will it Help?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I replace more carbs w/ gross diaphragms and hi-speed checks that don't seal than I could spit at. 9/10 they're using ethanol gas and letting them sit a long time. The other 1 guy is lying. :lol:

I run Ethanol-Free 91 in all my small engines two or four stroke with no problems.I only cut about 7 cords a year with the saws.I had an RX-1 Yamaha snowmobile with 4 carbs that they said you can run 87 Ethanol in it so I did.When I sold the sled the new owner said the carbs were gumbed up really bad.I also bought a new push mower in 1990 and ran every kind of gas through it and never touched the carb and it still runs.I run Stihl oil in all my 2 strokes also.I talked to alot of people that say stabilizer and sea foam work great for storage.

Even before I started regularly running a chainsaw, I bought a five gallon can of ethanol free on January 1 and the 4th of July and added stabill. Kept it stored for my chin-generator in case of emergency. (They happen regularly around here.:(In fact, a tornado hit on a January 2 - one day after a fill up on my can.) I poured it in my truck every six months and refilled.. I still do it, but rotate more frequently now because I freshen my chainsaw fuel can out of it from time to time.

Back