Octane question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A buddy of mine told me once “the whiter the bread, the quicker you’re dead”. We e been trying to focus on the sticks and twigs bread since then
I think the white bread things is funny. My Nan used to tell us how much she hated making bread as a young girl and the only time they would have store bought bread was when company was over. It was always white bread and she loved it. Wasn't untill after she married my pop that she realized she could buy whatever bread she wanted. Had white bread ever since.
I'm not a fan of the twiggy stuff but we do get whole wheat bread most of the time. Seems depending on the store they don't keep it in stock all the time.

Except grass fed beef taste like ****.
The GMO thing is greatly overblown scarmongering IMO.
I know a bit about grass fed beef...... :laugh: I will cordially debate it with anyone. Anyone want pics? I will have to find them in the woods.

How many fine folks think "Certified Black Angus" is great? I will give you some insight

I know a bit about grass fed beef...... :laugh: I will cordially debate it with anyone. Anyone want pics? I will have to find them in the woods.

How many fine folks think "Certified Black Angus" is great? I will give you some insight
They sure get hyped up over the ribeye section being a couple inches longer. Some of the best I’ve ever had was a crossbreed Charolais (sp?)

No need for pics. What percentage of grass fed beef goes USDA Prime?
Black Angus has excellent marketing...

I for one love grass fed beef! If I have a choice, I'll always opt for it but it's not always available everywhere and it's a bit on the expensive side which is probably why you don't see it everywhere.

We buy our beef from a local farm by the 1/4 cow, steaks are grilled less than 20 miles from where they were frolicking in a field. Salt heavily, vacuum seal, 2-3 hours sous vide at 130F, let dry/cool while the charcoal starts, then sear to a proper crust. Nothing better.

Not a fan of black Angus, it's mostly marketing hype. We raised charolais on the farm. They were about the best beef I've ever had. They got plenty of grass and weeds and whatever else they ate in the pasture, but hay and feed were provided daily in the barn. Can't remember what pops recipe was for the feed, but it had a lot of corn in it.
My cousin does the Texas longhorn cattle. Good taste but man it's lean beef. Hard to pat a burger if you would want too.

Not a fan of black Angus, it's mostly marketing hype. We raised charolais on the farm. They were about the best beef I've ever had. They got plenty of grass and weeds and whatever else they ate in the pasture, but hay and feed were provided daily in the barn. Can't remember what pops recipe was for the feed, but it had a lot of corn in it.
My cousin does the Texas longhorn cattle. Good taste but man it's lean beef. Hard to pat a burger if you would want too.
Herefords make great beef with marbeling scores very similar to Angus. The problem is they take way longer to feed out than a Angus.
Black Angus is pure marketing for the most part. Lots of breeds make great beef.

Herefords make great beef with marbeling scores very similar to Angus. The problem is they take way longer to feed out than a Angus.
Black Angus is pure marketing for the most part. Lots of breeds make great beef.
Dad had 40 head of white faced Herefords right before he died. They were somewhere between pets and beef cattle

Back