Octane question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know a bit about grass fed beef...... :laugh: I will cordially debate it with anyone. Anyone want pics? I will have to find them in the woods.

How many fine folks think "Certified Black Angus" is great? I will give you some insight

Sure! I have no expertise at all about various flavors of cow-critters, and I promise not to argue about it, either.

As far as that goes, this thread is so far afield of Octane comments, we might as well continue the derail.

Dad had 40 head of white faced Herefords right before he died. They were somewhere between pets and beef cattle
That is the way you want them to be. If you hand feed your cows 365 days of the year you will calm many (not all) of them to be more gentle to handle, Most of their calves will also be easier to handle.

What type of cattle does "Certified Black Angus" come from?

The AI bot tells me this:

"Certified Black Angus" refers to a specific breed of cattle called Angus, also known as Aberdeen Angus. Angus is a breed of cattle that originated in Scotland and is known for its black coloration, adaptability, marbling, and high-quality beef. When beef is labeled as "Certified Black Angus," it indicates that the meat comes from cattle that meet specific standards set by the American Angus Association or another certifying organization. These standards typically include criteria related to breed purity, black coat color, and other factors that ensure the meat's quality and consistency."​

The AI bot tells me this:

"Certified Black Angus" refers to a specific breed of cattle called Angus, also known as Aberdeen Angus. Angus is a breed of cattle that originated in Scotland and is known for its black coloration, adaptability, marbling, and high-quality beef. When beef is labeled as "Certified Black Angus," it indicates that the meat comes from cattle that meet specific standards set by the American Angus Association or another certifying organization. These standards typically include criteria related to breed purity, black coat color, and other factors that ensure the meat's quality and consistency."​
Ah, not quite 😃

What octane is the grass that these Angus cattle are fed and how does it affect the marbeling of my t-bone?
You would not want a T bone from a grass fed calf and if you did it sure would not be Certified Black Angus. You want a corn fed animal if you desire a good steak.

Latest posts

Back